Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Heir Apparent by Sheri Vangen-Ratcliffe

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue October 20th, 2009, 5:57 pm

The author of the book was a member of the forum at the previous location. Oye!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue October 20th, 2009, 6:15 pm

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]The author of the book was a member of the forum at the previous location. Oye!

SM[/quote]

Hmmm, I don't recall her. Had she dropped off posting by the time I joined?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue October 20th, 2009, 6:16 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Hmmm, I don't recall her. Had she dropped off posting by the time I joined?[/quote]

She wasn't there very much, I think her main purpose was to promote, but it's been awhile.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed October 21st, 2009, 12:10 am

:D :D :D

I really should not encourage Miss M to go OT. Perhaps this would be a great topic for a group story.
I imagined I’d have to spend months soaking up the culture until I could pass for an twelfth-century noblewoman
Then there was a time slip romance I read (the name escapes me) wherein the pair were sent back to 13 or 14C Scotland and he's a drop dead look-alike for the lairds son. Our intrepid hero, an accountant (!!), is able to pick up a sword and not only not look like an idiot he's giving lessons.

Anyone who has spent anytime around the CPA should understand this. Ours now, comes in when the toilet is stopped up and asks who takes care of it :eek: :D

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Wed October 21st, 2009, 12:26 am

[quote=""Misfit""] :D :D :D

I really should not encourage Miss M to go OT. Perhaps this would be a great topic for a group story.
[/quote]

I've got more but I'll post it somewhere else if you'll designate the thread, Misfit. I want to finish the story myself though - perhaps someone else can write a sequel/prequel!

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Wed October 21st, 2009, 3:48 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Miss M, perhaps we can start this in Chat and let you finish it (I'll move the posts from here to there) and then when finished and we want to open it up to a group write we can move it again?
[/quote]

Good idea. I've finished writing it now and there are 5 more short instalments. So it could maybe go straight into group stories, I don't mind, it's up to you.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed October 21st, 2009, 4:03 pm

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]Good idea. I've finished writing it now and there are 5 more short instalments. So it could maybe go straight into group stories, I don't mind, it's up to you.[/quote]

I agree, and BB concurs. Just go ahead and start your thread in the group story with a monitor disclaimer (just a thought....) and I'll move the threads from here.

PS, check your PM's.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed October 21st, 2009, 5:16 pm

Miss Moppet's story on time travel has been moved here, http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... php?t=2538

Return to “By Author's Last Name R-Z”