Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sat March 14th, 2009, 1:59 pm

Wild Hogs

Have to say I was pleasantly surprised here. Lately it takes a lot to crack me up and this one did in several spots.

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Sat March 14th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Role Models last night, rotflmao! the crudest funniest movie this year.

Minority Report- one of Tom C. best.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Sat March 14th, 2009, 7:33 pm

The tenants of Wildfell Hall. I twas good, but I hate little kids in movies and the mother was gushing all over the kid so much it made me ill.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sun March 15th, 2009, 1:36 am

"Space Chimps", it was ok, it had it's moments.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Richard
Reader

Postby Richard » Sun March 15th, 2009, 2:04 pm

My son ran screaming from Space Chimps. I had to have his mom come to the theater to rescue him while I stayed with my daughter. Fortunately the theater is in walking distance.
How did an 800-year-old headless corpse transform Venice from a backwater
into the greatest sea-empire of the early Middle Ages? Find out at,

User signature picture

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Sun March 15th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Last night we watched Alfred Hitchcock's Sabotage. It was made in 1936 and was about a group from an unknown country committing acts of sabotage in London to frighten the population...a bit prophetic!
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Sun March 15th, 2009, 3:09 pm

Unabashed Romantic Old Classic films junkie....Re Watched "That Hamilton Women"......I'm told it was Churchill's favorite film....made in 1941....A very patriotic film to say the least...When they sang the "Heart of Oak" while converging on Napoleon's fleet; was a very inspiring scene.....I Love the old B/W classics....lot of inaccuracies, but Leigh, Olivier and the supporting cast were at their acting best.....I'm sure you can argue that Leigh and Olivier have had better acting roles....but you can't argue with their chemistry......The old films give me a chance to see history...what the British/Nelson fighting line looked like.....and Olivier's Nelson really had a Heart of Oak.....Can't imagine Nelson was only 5'6''.....What a Heroic Bulldog.......Again thanking George MacDonald Fraser and his Hollywood's History Film critique book for emphasizing "Just enjoy the historic/visual ride....Your seeing how historic battles, characters, and ancient cities looked in action.......Some of it might be half right......Cheers

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Sun March 15th, 2009, 6:20 pm

Transporter 3, not as good as the first two movies, to much romance for me but I don't like romance in my action movies so somebody else might like it. Jason Statham is my action hero you might say.

Leo62
Bibliophile

Postby Leo62 » Mon March 16th, 2009, 10:36 am

"Susan" wrote:Last night we watched Alfred Hitchcock's Sabotage. It was made in 1936 and was about a group from an unknown country committing acts of sabotage in London to frighten the population...a bit prophetic!

Isn't that based on Conrad's Secret Agent? (A prophetic book if ever there was one ;) )

ejays17
Reader

Postby ejays17 » Mon March 16th, 2009, 11:05 am

We got a Blu-ray player the other week, and the first movie watched on it was "Die Hard". 'Twas very good, and I did laugh to see Bruce Willis with hair! We think we entertained the next-door neighbour as well (we didn't realise the sound was so powerful until something in the film blew up and the floor vibrated :D - we turned it down after that.)

And this week we're seeing "Confessions of a Shopaholic", something light & fluffy to cheer us up.

And we saw "The Watchmen" last week, and I have to agree with the various poeple who said that Dr Manhattan's glowing blue bits distracted the eyes at various points during the movie. But we enjoyed the rest of the movie - probably one of the best we've seen so far this year.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”