Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Mon February 2nd, 2009, 1:56 am

yes, he's Lucien right? I might add he was half naked through most of the movie and well built. He really brought the character to life, I truely hated Lucien in the first and now, well I feel sorry for the character, he had it rough.

Rhons Mitra played Sonjia. Remember the movie Green Mile? the guy who played Percy plays the vampire who betrayed Lucien and Sonjia. I didn't understand the 'noble' humans they were not attired correctly I think but maybe because they didn't clarify approx. century and I'm no expert.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon February 2nd, 2009, 2:33 am

Ok, that's why I didn't recognize him, I've never seen any of the movies, and he looks so different then usual.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Maggie
Reader

Postby Maggie » Mon February 2nd, 2009, 8:41 am

I recently watched 'Across the Universe'. It's a musical and filled with Beatle's hits.

Leo62
Bibliophile

Postby Leo62 » Mon February 2nd, 2009, 5:17 pm

The Reader

Great movie. Very moving. Kate Winslet totally deserved her awards. :D

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Postby Ludmilla » Mon February 2nd, 2009, 5:38 pm

My kids have informed me that they want to see Coraline. It won't be at a theater near me until next weekend... so I guess we're going to movies next weekend (we don't go very often). At home, we've been watching Season 3 of Lost.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Tue February 3rd, 2009, 12:22 pm

"nona" wrote:yes, he's Lucien right? I might add he was half naked through most of the movie and well built.
Lucian's my kind of werewolf!

But then I had thing for the boyishly cute American Werewolf in London back in the day! ;) Love the soundtrack and humor in that classic - by the trvial way, one of the werewolf howl sound effects in AWIL was used in the train station near the beginning of the first Underworld movie.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Trail through Time by Jodi Taylor & Angel by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Thu February 5th, 2009, 5:46 pm

Watched 1408 yesterday, didn't find it at all scary but very entertaining!

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Postby Amanda » Thu February 5th, 2009, 9:21 pm

After finishing reading Time and Chance, I had to watch Becket. Peter O'Toole makes a wonderful Henry II. He really can bellow!

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Postby LCW » Thu February 5th, 2009, 9:24 pm

"Amanda" wrote:After finishing reading Time and Chance, I had to watch Becket. Peter O'Toole makes a wonderful Henry II. He really can bellow!

Cool! I didn't know there was a movie about that whole escapade. I'll have to check on the Netflix site and see if they have it.
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Telynor
Bibliophile

Postby Telynor » Thu February 5th, 2009, 10:41 pm

Watched Little Miss Sunshine. Feh.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”