Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

Telynor
Bibliophile

Postby Telynor » Sat September 20th, 2008, 5:16 am

"SonjaMarie" wrote:I didn't get very far into that movie either, it was a let down.

SM

For me it was having to listen to Yiddish being spoken with that deep in dixie southern accent that was so grating. Not to mention the lousy plot and general meaness of the film. I actually like satire, but this was cruelty.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sun September 21st, 2008, 4:56 am

"The Fall" a very surreal movie, beautiful to look at. The actor from "Pushing Daisies" is in it (Lee Pace) and he's much sexier than he is on "PD". There's a very young Romanian actress in it who is just adorable! She was 9 or so when she shot the movie and her character is 5. She didn't know English and had to learn the lines by heart.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Sun September 21st, 2008, 11:45 am

Underworld. Watching it, I wondered if it gave Stephenie Meyer the germ of an idea for Twilight....
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Sun September 21st, 2008, 1:01 pm

Made of Honor, very charming and yet another perfect Scottish man.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Sun September 21st, 2008, 1:02 pm

Underworld is a very cool movie. I've watched it a few times, but didn't care for the second installment, Underworld:Evolution, as much. I'm really looking forward to the next to be released, The Rise of the Lycans, in 2009.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Sun September 21st, 2008, 2:41 pm

"Leyland" wrote:Underworld is a very cool movie. I've watched it a few times, but didn't care for the second installment, Underworld:Evolution, as much. I'm really looking forward to the next to be released, The Rise of the Lycans, in 2009.

Yes, I agree all the way Leyland. I don't rate Underworld Evolution half as much. I didn't realise there was going to be a third film though. I'll have to look out for that one!
Les proz e les vassals

Souvent entre piez de chevals

Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Mara
Scribbler

Postby Mara » Sun September 21st, 2008, 4:24 pm

We were watching La Vie en Rose yesterday afternoon (it's a lazy weekend here). Very harrowing and beautifully told although the contstant jumps back and forth in her life were at times a bit confusing. You didn't really know immediately when certain events occurred and had to remain focused throughout. But it was worth it, including some excellent acting and make-up. Not sure if I'd watch it again, though. But what a sad life really. Bless.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Mon September 22nd, 2008, 2:40 pm

Saw Ghost Town Saturday night and then rented Speed Racer yesterday.

Ghost Town was funny.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Miller's Dance by Winston Graham & How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Tue September 30th, 2008, 11:33 am

Saw "Elizabeth - The Golden Age" the other night and wasn't very impressed, it looks gorgeous and CB is good as always, however it was more style over substance. Thought the first film was much better, although I've always thought that the part of her life which involved Robert Dudley was more interesting.

Virgulina
Scribbler

Postby Virgulina » Thu October 2nd, 2008, 9:59 am

Watched Leatherheads yesterday. George Clooney... Sigh!

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”