Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Postby Nefret » Sun March 3rd, 2013, 2:33 am

The Forsyte Saga (with DI Lestrade)
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sun March 3rd, 2013, 2:52 am

Finished Season 3 of Downton Abbey. Looking forward to the next season.

Watched The Campaign which, while not entirely to my taste, was funny and took plenty of shots at the madness of political campaigning in our country.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Sun March 3rd, 2013, 3:04 am

I watched Argo last night and as I wrote in another post...I don't think it deserved best movie Oscar. It was a watchable movie, but that's about it.

Bec :)

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Mon March 4th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Needed a lift, so watched the SF inspired romp Paul. Funny. I'm sure I missed over half the SF allusions>
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Mon March 4th, 2013, 6:08 pm

We got Flight through Netflix. Big snorefest which was disappointing because I love Denzel!
Brenna

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Tue March 5th, 2013, 12:14 am

"Brenna" wrote:We got Flight through Netflix. Big snorefest which was disappointing because I love Denzel!

Oh WOW!I was looking forward to seeing that one. I love Denzel too, but I'll still watch it when it is released on DVD.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue March 5th, 2013, 3:37 am

"Brenna" wrote:We got Flight through Netflix. Big snorefest which was disappointing because I love Denzel!

So not as interesting as Seth McFarlene's take on it from the Oscars?

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

:Sarita:
Reader

Postby :Sarita: » Sun March 10th, 2013, 9:53 pm

I've not long returned from a trip to New York, and on the flight back I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time - loved it! Already ordered myself a copy :p
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

[Albert Camus]

MyTumblr
MyTwitter

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Tue March 19th, 2013, 12:37 am

Over the weekend I watched 'World Without End' and all I can say is save your money! I quite enjoyed 'Pillars of the Earth' but the sequel to it simply bored me and the acting forgettable.

I have now ordered 'Mrs Brown Boys' season 3 and think the actor Brendan O'Carroll is a comedic genius. It's not to everyone's taste but I love it.

I also ordered 'Ripper Street' and hope it's not a lemon!

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Miller's Dance by Winston Graham & How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Tue March 19th, 2013, 9:56 am

I don't think WWE was a patch on Pillars...I watched the first two and then missed two, but picked it up again for the last two, it was OK but not brilliant.

I enjoyed Ripper Street but some of the stories are a bit hit and miss - the 3 main characters are probably the best things in it, and their own stories are quite interesting, and the clothes are fab! It's not a cosy drama though so be warned, it's pretty violent.

I think Labyrinth (based on Kate Mosse's book) is starting here soon, at last.
Currently reading "How to stop time" by Matt Haig & "The Miller's Dance" by Winston Graham

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”