Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue April 19th, 2011, 5:34 pm

I used to have a huge crush on Gabriel back in my mid-20s, he's gotten a bit squiggy now though.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

BrianPK
Reader

Postby BrianPK » Tue April 19th, 2011, 9:51 pm

"parthianbow" wrote:@BrianPK: welcome to the forum. I've not seen your posts before. It's great to have another Irishman on board!

Just finished the first series of HBO's In Treatment, which stars Gabriel Byrne (Irish!) as a psychotherapist with troubles of his own. It's fantastic, IMHO. Now I have to wait until October, when series two becomes available on DVD here in the UK :(

Thanks for the belated welcome parthianbow :) I'm enjoying this forum. It's pleasantly different.
I recently saw Gabriel Byrne in The Assasin (with Bridget Fonda).This is a remake of la femme Nikita. Pretty good for a remake.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Trail through Time by Jodi Taylor & Angel by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Wed April 20th, 2011, 8:40 am

"SonjaMarie" wrote:I used to have a huge crush on Gabriel back in my mid-20s, he's gotten a bit squiggy now though.

SM

He's still not bad for a more "mature" man. Must admit I quite liked him as the Devil in that cheese flick "End of Days", great fun. And he wiped the floor with Arnie! ;)
Currently reading "A Trail through Time" by Jodi Taylor & "Angel" by L J Ross

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Postby Nefret » Wed April 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm

Elizabeth I (with Cate Blanchett)
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed April 20th, 2011, 6:07 pm

"Madeleine" wrote:He's still not bad for a more "mature" man. Must admit I quite liked him as the Devil in that cheese flick "End of Days", great fun. And he wiped the floor with Arnie! ;)

Yes, he's still not bad looking. I tried to watch In Treatment but there were way to many episodes.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sun April 24th, 2011, 4:18 am

"The King's Speech", wonderful movie, wonderfully acted.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sun April 24th, 2011, 5:46 pm

Started watching the 2009 Star Trek movie last night. Not even halfway in and loving it already.

ejays17
Reader

Postby ejays17 » Mon April 25th, 2011, 12:56 am

Saw Thor the other day. Loads of fun, very pretty to look at (both scenery & actors :D )

Only small problem I did have with it was that the main person (Chris Hemsworth) was a regular on one of the evening soaps here, and I always find it hard to reconcile at first that actors from our evening soaps being the stars in great big hollywood movies :D
This is in no way a reflection of their acting ability, just a weird brain-thing of mine it takes a couple of movies to get over.
"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority." The Doctor, Wheel in Space

SLOC: Solid Lump of Comfort (from the Chalet School books by Elinor M Brent-Dyer)

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Thu April 28th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Finished Pillars of Stone last night. Loved the sets and costumes, everything gritty and muddy (except the stars.) Good effort to capture the massive and intricate story, but ultimately failed.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Thu April 28th, 2011, 7:52 pm

Finished watching The Horse Boy and I highly recommend it.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”