Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rising from the Ashes so to speak

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
Ash
Bibliomaniac

Rising from the Ashes so to speak

Postby Ash » Wed August 27th, 2008, 12:01 am

Hi, this is Ash. I found this site a few months back and became quickly addicted. I've been reading HF most of my life and its still my favorite genre. I do tend tho to stay away from the romantic type, but I enjoy ones that ask What If, as well as ones that bring a new perspective to an old story. My favorite authors are Sharon Kay Penman, Norah Lofts, and Bernard Cornwell. Hoping this place keeps going so I can find some more favorites!

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed August 27th, 2008, 3:30 am

Hi ash, I've enjoyed your posts. I think I recently ran across a review by you on Amazon -- a novel called 'the Splendor' about 16th-century Prague. I agreed with your assessment heartily.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Wed August 27th, 2008, 9:57 am

"Ash" wrote:Hi, this is Ash. I found this site a few months back and became quickly addicted. I've been reading HF most of my life and its still my favorite genre. I do tend tho to stay away from the romantic type, but I enjoy ones that ask What If, as well as ones that bring a new perspective to an old story. My favorite authors are Sharon Kay Penman, Norah Lofts, and Bernard Cornwell. Hoping this place keeps going so I can find some more favorites!

The mods certainly have every intention of having this place continue for a very long time!

Melisende
Reader

Postby Melisende » Fri August 29th, 2008, 12:00 am

Welcome ASH - this site is certainly additictive!

I for one should be working but am too busy here!
"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."

Women of History

tsjmom
Reader

Postby tsjmom » Sat August 30th, 2008, 7:40 pm

Hi Ash! This place is addicting, isn't it?! Sooooo many great books to be discovered!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”