Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My (non-headless) magazine cover

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Fri November 7th, 2008, 1:50 pm

Thanks, everyone!

Volgadon
Compulsive Reader

Post by Volgadon » Sat November 22nd, 2008, 9:28 pm

Cool. Looks a lot like History Today.

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Sun November 23rd, 2008, 5:43 am

Well done. :)

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Mon November 24th, 2008, 6:27 pm

I bought a copy last Thursday evening and have discovered a few new titles. There's an ad for one that sounds intriguing but it's from iUniverse. Too scared to try it. :(

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Mon November 24th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Thanks, folks! And glad you managed to find a copy - I don't know if this is due to bookstores' ongoing financial problems or what, but some places seem not to be stocking the current issue.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Mon November 24th, 2008, 7:29 pm

Well, when you first posted about it, I called the local Borders and wasn't quite sure they had this specific issue. Then I forgot about it until I was in the store Thursday evening.

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Post by Julianne Douglas » Wed November 26th, 2008, 1:51 am

Ariadne, I was so disappointed. I went to Borders today just to pick up your issue, and all they had were two dog-eared copies of the Sept/Oct issue. It's November 25, for pete's sake! I'll check back next week, and if it's still not there, I'll ask (I didn't have time to ask today). I really want to read about what you see as hf trends.
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Wed November 26th, 2008, 2:16 am

How annoying, Julianne - I'm sorry to hear they didn't have it. The Borders near my parents' house (West Hartford, CT) doesn't have it either. Makes me wonder if they're downsizing their magazine section, because my dad asked me to pick up the latest issues of some other book-related mags he couldn't buy out his way. I don't know if you're near a B&N, but you could try there. The one near me had plenty of copies.

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Post by Julianne Douglas » Wed November 26th, 2008, 2:35 am

Good idea. I'll head over there tomorrow.
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

Return to “Author Announcements”