Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Still Princess Garnet

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
princess garnet
Bibliophile

Still Princess Garnet

Postby princess garnet » Tue August 26th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Hi to all who were on the old HF site! Good to see you again. :)
I've been reading historical fiction since I was grade school. Eleanor Hibbert and Lucy Montgomery are and still remain my fave authors.
Since I enjoyed learning history in school, it was my undergrad major. While in college, I went to France for the 1st time for a summer study aboard program and loved it. Hope to go back someday! After college, I went on to study library science in grad school. Now I'm a public librarian. Great combination!
I still enjoy reading historical fiction. Look forward to posting here!

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Tue August 26th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Good to see you! I would love to visit France and to bravely drive around for a couple weeks in a rented car. I bought a roadmap of the country at Barnes & Noble just to imagine the chance to do it. Maybe someday ....

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed August 27th, 2008, 1:58 am

Welcome back. How did you get the word?

Kailana
Reader

Postby Kailana » Wed August 27th, 2008, 8:15 am

"princess garnet" wrote:Hi to all who were on the old HF site! Good to see you again. :)
I've been reading historical fiction since I was grade school. Eleanor Hibbert and Lucy Montgomery are and still remain my fave authors.
Since I enjoyed learning history in school, it was my undergrad major. While in college, I went to France for the 1st time for a summer study aboard program and loved it. Hope to go back someday! After college, I went on to study library science in grad school. Now I'm a public librarian. Great combination!
I still enjoy reading historical fiction. Look forward to posting here!

Glad to see you are still around!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Wed August 27th, 2008, 9:53 am

You've been with us since the beginning of HF so it is great to see that you are still with us!

Melisende
Reader

Postby Melisende » Fri August 29th, 2008, 12:01 am

Welcome Princess!

Reading is certainly addictive - lucky for us we have our own place here in cyberspace!
"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."

Women of History

tsjmom
Reader

Postby tsjmom » Sat August 30th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Hi PG! Since you're a librarian I'm hoping we can count on you for lots of recs ;) I loved France, too!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”