Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My Very Own Headless Woman Cover!

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Tue November 4th, 2008, 11:52 am

thats cool! I've never seen a bodyless woman. And EC is right its interesting to see the focuas on the clothes/ jewlery which are an obvious sellign point to us. :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Tue November 4th, 2008, 2:17 pm

[quote=""EC2""]Helen Hollick wasn't that struck on the Arthurian one Source have done for her, but said it was better than her first ever cover which she has always called 'The Purple Puke.' I've only heard her describe her Source cover, haven't seen it yet.[/quote]

Her new Source cover can be seen here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingmaking-Book ... 106&sr=1-1

It's hardly that innovative but I quite like it and it is different from the previous covers. (And glad to see she's getting reissued.)

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue November 4th, 2008, 2:40 pm

[quote=""sweetpotatoboy""]Her new Source cover can be seen here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingmaking-Book ... 106&sr=1-1

It's hardly that innovative but I quite like it and it is different from the previous covers. (And glad to see she's getting reissued.)[/quote]

Thanks sweetpotatoboy. She told me about it the other week and said that the sword hilt wasn't quite right and nor was the shield, but she still thought it okay. It reminds me more of her self-published covers. They're re-issuing all of the Arthur books but she's waiting to see how they (Source) perform with them before she'll let them get their hands on Harold!
Boswell, how are you finding Source as a publisher so far? Apologies if that's too personal a question. I'll understand if you don't answer.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Tue November 4th, 2008, 3:11 pm

I really like the new cover, Boswell - both the earring and the title font!

Good for Sourcebooks for getting into the historical fiction market so strongly - I look forward to hearing what other titles they'll pick up.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue November 4th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I'll keep mine with the old cover though :)

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Tue November 4th, 2008, 3:30 pm

[quote=""cw gortner""]Great cover! Very unusual. Congrats, Susan! Maybe it'll set a new trend: the "ear" cover: ) I can't wait to see it in stores, and of course I'll buy it, too, though I'll always treasure the first version, certain to now fetch a pretty penny on e-bay.

I just heard from Ballantine that I too am getting a woman-in-a-gown cover for the trade paperback of The Last Queen, probably something along the lines of the re-designed UK cover. I'm pleased. I think these types of covers tend to attract more reader interest. If all goes according to UK cover formula, I'll have a semi-headless woman in flowing flame-colored gown. Yummy.[/quote]

The UK paperback version is on Amazon and I think it's gorgeous!

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Tue November 4th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Thanks, all! EC, I'm happy with both the cover and the publisher.

Christopher, hang onto that brown cover! There aren't many around--I've only got two myself.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Tue November 4th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Oh, and I see now it is on Amazon US! This has given me something to look at tonight besides election news.
I'm placing my order for the new edition now! This is fantastic, Susan!!!!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Tue November 4th, 2008, 9:18 pm

[quote=""Tanzanite""]The UK paperback version is on Amazon and I think it's gorgeous![/quote]

Oh, I agree. It's my favorite cover so far!
THE QUEEN'S VOW available on June 12, 2012!
THE TUDOR SECRET, Book I in the Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles
THE CONFESSIONS OF CATHERINE DE MEDICI
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Tue November 4th, 2008, 11:27 pm

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]Thanks, all! EC, I'm happy with both the cover and the publisher.

Christopher, hang onto that brown cover! There aren't many around--I've only got two myself.[/quote]

Do you mean the original one that had the big brown castle on the front? That's the one I have.

Return to “Author Announcements”