Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Best love scene in HF?

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Fri October 31st, 2008, 8:21 pm

Jamie grabbing Claire and dragging her out to his aunt's barn and making love up against the wall. Oh yeah! sigh. ;)
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Winter Beneath the Stars by Jo Thomas
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Fri October 31st, 2008, 8:55 pm

I have so got to start reading this series!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri October 31st, 2008, 10:50 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]I have so got to start reading this series![/quote]

:D :D :D

On the island after they'd been on ship and hadn't had much opportunity to make whoopee for some time. Jamie wanted to go fast, Claire wanted to go slow and then when she was ready he turned tables and told her now it's her turn (to go slow).

I'm with LCW, I loved the scene in The Reckoning when Llewllyen and Eleanor finally met, they smoked off the pages as did Henry and Eleanor on their wedding night in When Christ and His Saints Slept.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat November 1st, 2008, 12:35 am

Totally agree about Henry and Eleanor. As soon as those two characters came together you could feel the electricity coming through the pages of the book!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Sat November 1st, 2008, 1:02 am

EC: Both Jamie and Clare "out the window" and "in the barn" are in The Fiery Cross. The window scene is near the end. Just finished this book yesterday!

Will have to give some thought to my favourite love scene....

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Sat November 1st, 2008, 7:19 am

[quote=""Amanda""]EC: Both Jamie and Clare "out the window" and "in the barn" are in The Fiery Cross. The window scene is near the end. Just finished this book yesterday!

Will have to give some thought to my favourite love scene....[/quote]

*makes notes*

One for the list!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sat November 1st, 2008, 9:30 am

Yes, it has to be a scene out of one of the Outlander books for me, too. I remember the barn and the window episodes - mind you, that is the last book of the series which I have read so far. I still have Breath of Snow and Ashes to read.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Winter Beneath the Stars by Jo Thomas
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Sat November 1st, 2008, 3:40 pm

And to think that some people think that HF is stodgy and boring!

sharon
Reader

Post by sharon » Sat November 1st, 2008, 5:35 pm

I think I'd vote for Jamie and Claire's wedding night scene in Outlander.
Thank you all for choosing scenes from my books. I got the funniest feedback from people over Joanna and Llewelyn's wedding night in Here Be Dragons. One woman wrote me that after reading that scene, she went upstairs and "I gave my husband the best night of our marriage!" A male friend of mine confided that he'd been reading Dragons out on a boat in the middle of a lake and when he got to that scene , "I had to flip over onto my stomach very quickly since there were children on the boat, too." And Justin de Quincy, my medieval sleuth, was flattered beyond words when his sex scene with the Lady Claudine in Cruel as the Grave was cited as an excellent example of "angry sex."
This will really date me, but I remember being very impressed by the love scenes in Forever Amber, and of course when Rhett carries Scarlett up the stairs in Gone with the Wind. But my final vote still goes to Diana Gabaldon, who must need to write with a fire extinguisher on hand to keep the pages from catching fire!
Sharon

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Sat November 1st, 2008, 5:43 pm

I'm with EC regarding Great Maria. That was a couple that rocked! I also remember feeling happy for Finn and Kathryn in The Illuminator and so their love scenes stick in my mind more than most.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Return to “General Discussion”