Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Goodie Swap!!!

Retired Threads
LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Tue November 25th, 2008, 11:12 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]I love the perks of working in an office that has postage meter, UPS pickup and FedEx. Just reimburse the boss and I'm good to good. No waiting in line for me :) ;) [/quote]

I use the self service machines in the PO lobbys. Only they don't send Media Mail so I have to stand in line to mail books.
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Wed November 26th, 2008, 12:16 am

[quote=""LCW""]I use the self service machines in the PO lobbys. Only they don't send Media Mail so I have to stand in line to mail books.[/quote]

I absolutely hate waiting in line, even if I have a book to read. So those new self service kiosks are wonderful! There usually isn't much of a wait and it all goes smoothly. And yeah, no Media Mail; depending on the cost, I have decided to forgo it rather than wait in line! But I've got a doozy to be mailed to a friend that has to go MM. Better go tomorrow before its too crazy. I'll mail my Goodie package at the same time.

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Wed November 26th, 2008, 2:49 am

[quote=""Vanessa""]Oooh, err, mine's already done and dusted! Was I suppose to wait until a particular time??[/quote]

No, we had not said a specific date to send, just so long as it should arrive for Christmas! I posted mine the other day as I was being prepared and organised this year. I am sure I will trip up sooner or later! (I was going to put a family saying in there but the language is a wee bit colourful!)
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Thu November 27th, 2008, 3:49 pm

I cheat. I give all of my mail to J, and since he works for the PO, I know it will get there. (He knows all of the tricks to safe shipping...)

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Sun November 30th, 2008, 11:49 am

Just to let someone know, I have recieved a parcel today! Yes, on a Sunday!

Not opened it at all yet!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun November 30th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Phew! I was feeling so bad that I hadn't sent mine yet. I posted it on Saturday.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun November 30th, 2008, 10:03 pm

Due to budget issues I might not send mine out till I get paid this week. Yes its that tight around here.

BTW I got mine :) Thanks to whoever sent it! I can't wait to read it!!!!!
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Sun November 30th, 2008, 10:57 pm

So what did you get? (and um, how'd you guys keep it a secret? Since I had to put my return addy on it, its going to be rather obvious....)

I plan on opening it when I get it. Heck, Chanukah is the 19th, so its not like I am that early :)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon December 1st, 2008, 1:22 am

Is it against the rules to put a card in and say who it's from?

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Mon December 1st, 2008, 2:58 am

One of the issues the online label-maker seemed to have was that I wasn't using the name I had registered under, nor the one that matched the paypal account. I guess they are twitchy about that for packages. And with everything from the Unabomber to anthrax spores in the history of mail, who can blame them?
So there'll be no hiding my identity, unless the recipient can't connect my real name with my profile!
Oh, well, what's the big deal with anonymity anyway? seems it's only useful if you want to do something underhanded.

Return to “Archives”