1) I LOVED the Brianna/Roger parts!
2)The parts I enjoyed the most in the time period where Jamie and Claire are involved other characters. Jamie and Claire hold the plot together because of their relationships with the other characters, but they just are not all that interesting any more and what they do does not drive the plot any more.
3) I don't need the Jamie/Claire sex scenes.
3) There is way too much about the Battle of Monmouth in New Jersey, although since I live near the battlefield and know the places mentioned I could relate to it. I haven't actually been to the battlefield since the 200th anniversary recreation (my major memory is a horrible case of poison ivy), but I am planning a trip to the battlefield soon. It's now a NJ state park, there are hiking trails, etc. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...ks/monbat.html
4) I want to go to the place where Claire got the plants and herbs in Philadelphia, Bartram's Garden: http://www.bartramsgarden.org/ . Philadelphia is 60 miles away, so I will go sometime.
5) I attended a Quaker wedding on June 29 and the next day I was reading the part about the Quaker wedding!
6) I was happy that the ending was somewhat tied up and I feel that the series could end there if Diana Gabaldon wanted it to end. I am sure her devout readers have other ideas! After I read An Echo in the Bone I spent five years wondering