Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Murderous Monarchs Quiz

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
michellemoran
Bibliophile

Murderous Monarchs Quiz

Post by michellemoran » Thu October 16th, 2008, 12:58 am

A fun distraction, even if a few of the questions are based on rumor.
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Thu October 16th, 2008, 1:18 am

"Wardrobe malfunction," LOL!

I got an 8 out of 10 and learned many new and unpleasant things. :D

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Thu October 16th, 2008, 1:45 am

That was fun and interesting - i got 9 out of 10, but have to confess that a couple of answers were lucky guesses! I stuffed up on Nero- I hadn't remembered that he'd disposed of quite so many family members.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu October 16th, 2008, 1:50 am

7/10 and I had several were very lucky guesses. I only got the one on Vlad because I'd seen a Travel Channel bit on him recently. I did much better on the haunted history quiz.

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Thu October 16th, 2008, 2:06 am

Annis: I stuffed up on Nero- I hadn't remembered that he'd disposed of quite so many family members.
I got a 9/10, but a few of mine were guesses as well. I didn't have to guess on Nero, however. I'm pretty sure my fifth novel will focus on his reign, and if they'd had room for a choice "e" they could have added "his step-brother". What a disturbed man.
Visit MichelleMoran.com

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Thu October 16th, 2008, 2:13 am

7/10 for me. I guessed on some and I forgot which Richard did it. Oh well, not too bad of a showing!

5th novel? What about that 4th ;)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Thu October 16th, 2008, 2:21 am

Well, at the risk of getting way ahead of myself, it will probably be about Caligula's reign, which was.. well, filled with debauchery and all around insanity. Probably there was a little less debauchery than was actually reported by his enemies, but there was debauchery nevertheless. He was also said to have tried to make his horse a Consul, which has to count for something in the eccentric department.
Visit MichelleMoran.com

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Thu October 16th, 2008, 2:22 am

I'll be looking forward to that novel about Nero, Michelle. I do remember that he got very frustrated with his abortive efforts to dispose of his mother, Agrippinilla. She seemed to have a charmed life, but he got her in the end :(

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Thu October 16th, 2008, 2:28 am

hmmm. Interesting topic to choose for a 4th book. :) And I do remember hearing about the horse thing.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Thu October 16th, 2008, 2:32 am

Annis: Agrippina definitely did not have an easy life. Although she didn't make it easy for others either (and had quite a bit of blood on her hands). I'm not sure who did have a good life in ancient Rome. In Cleopatra's Daughter, most of my characters had parents who committed suicide. I was lucky to find a protagonist who at least found great love (Cleopatra's daughter).
Visit MichelleMoran.com

Return to “General Discussion”