Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Amazon Smile program

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Amazon Smile program

Post by Misfit » Tue November 5th, 2013, 7:07 pm

New program they just started. If you go into Amazon via smile.amazon.com instead of the usual amazon.com to shop, you can designate a charity of your choosing. Anytime you purchase via the smile website, they'll donate a percentage of your purchase to your charity. Info on USA Today.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Wed November 13th, 2013, 12:05 am

whoa. Way cool. I can even pick a local one. I love it!
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed November 13th, 2013, 1:51 am

[quote=""Divia""]whoa. Way cool. I can even pick a local one. I love it![/quote]

Isn't that great? I picked my local no kill kitty shelter. I hear there's no limits on purchase price, even the expensive art they're selling.

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Wed November 13th, 2013, 9:53 am

I hope they start this in the UK as well. Although right now I do go through a link that I found on the RNLI page, it would be nice to choose different charities.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Wed November 13th, 2013, 4:19 pm

A similar program called iGive.com donates to your choice of charities if you shop at any of over 1200 online stores (including Amazon--although only .8%--most stores give more). I've used it for years to support my daughter's school. They always confirm the purchase, pay monthly, and you can check out your account anytime. Here's the link: http://support.igive.com/KB/a115/how-igive-works.aspx I'm sure you can use which ever program gives your charity the most on Amazon and iGive covers other stores like Barnes and Noble, Staples, Target, etc.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed November 13th, 2013, 6:56 pm

[quote=""fljustice""]A similar program called iGive.com donates to your choice of charities if you shop at any of over 1200 online stores (including Amazon--although only .8%--most stores give more). I've used it for years to support my daughter's school. They always confirm the purchase, pay monthly, and you can check out your account anytime. Here's the link: http://support.igive.com/KB/a115/how-igive-works.aspx I'm sure you can use which ever program gives your charity the most on Amazon and iGive covers other stores like Barnes and Noble, Staples, Target, etc.[/quote]

Thanks for posting that, good to know. Office Depot used to have something like that, and we always donated to the boss's school. Kids are all graduated now, and we rarely purchase there these days. Costco and Amazon are usually cheaper.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Infirmary" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Wed November 13th, 2013, 7:35 pm

yes my friend's primary school used to have this scheme, but I think they've all left now.
Currently reading: "The Infirmary" by L J Ross

Return to “Chat”