Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones Season 3

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Sat April 20th, 2013, 4:09 am

[quote=""Vanessa""]It's definitely confusing.
They've obviously rejigged things a bit for the TV.[/quote]

Unfortunately I let a friend borrow Clash of Kings and it hasn't as yet been returned to me, so I an unable to check it out.

SPOILER
But from what I saw of the preview episode 4 looks good :D ....Can't wait.

Bec :)

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Mon April 22nd, 2013, 9:08 am

I had a look in Clash of Kings to try to refresh my memory.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Lantern Men" by Elly Griffiths
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Mon April 22nd, 2013, 9:32 am

[quote=""Vanessa""]I had a look in Clash of Kings to try to refresh my memory.
[/quote]

I vaguely remember that now you mention it. He's not in book 3 (unless it's under yet another disguise!) so I'm assuming he doesn't appear properly until after book 3. There are so many characters it's difficult to keep track of the ones who pop in and out! :rolleyes:

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.

Post by Vanessa » Mon April 22nd, 2013, 9:36 am

As you said earlier, Madeleine, the stories aren't in sync, are they? So his tale will probably be told later on. It was only a minor appearance so very easy to forget with everything else that was going on. Loads of characters and events!

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue April 23rd, 2013, 3:11 am

The books and the TV version are becoming a little bit different. For instance one of the reasons I have always found the Dany chapter's boring is she simply wanders from place to place...but lastnight what a WOW episode!

I actually felt sorry for Theon and I thought that would never happen. And thank God for Brienne...I think I remember watching or reading about this episode where Jaime gets kicked in his ribs and the actor actually connected with him by mistake and the actor playing Jaime ended up with quite a bruise!

I think the producers are taking snippets from all the books and I do wonder how many seasons they are planning to make? The child actors will not stop growing and in the books they don't age, that's going to be quite a problem if they are planning on six or seven seasons? And I would hate to see other actors taking over the parts.

Now I can't wait for next week!

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Tue April 23rd, 2013, 4:21 am

We don't see Theon tortured in book three; he is captured by Reese Bolton then disappears.
And yes, I think the guy helping him

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Tue April 23rd, 2013, 8:26 am

Your second spoiler is correct Ash.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed April 24th, 2013, 3:45 am

[quote=""Ash""]We don't see Theon tortured in book three; he is captured by Reese Bolton then disappears.
And yes, I think the guy helping him
[/quote]

What Madeleine said ;) . I hope they don't spend too much time on him, he seems odious and I hated the entire:
When it comes to Joffrey one can see Maegery leading him on and finding out just how heinous this guy is the little mini me Caligula. And it's good to see Cersei being forced to watch as the Tyrells beat her at her own game.

I thought episode 4 was brilliant.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Wed April 24th, 2013, 9:16 am

Yes, I hope they don't show too much of that regarding Theon although I do feel sorry for him myself.

Episode four was great - girl power! :D

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu April 25th, 2013, 2:27 am

[quote=""Vanessa""]Yes, I hope they don't show too much of that regarding Theon although I do feel sorry for him myself.

Episode four was great - girl power! :D [/quote]

It was also great to see Dany finally, finally DO something and take charge of her own destiny! I actually didn't fast forward her scenes :D which I did before. This is where the TV version is different from the books.

SPOILER

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”