Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Downtown Abbey Season 4

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Downtown Abbey Season 4

Post by rebecca » Sun March 3rd, 2013, 3:16 am

I heard on the TV news and read online that another cast member is set to leave Downtown Abbey as another one returns(Noooo keep the first and dump the second!!)

SPOILER BELOW
The show will soon be called 'DownTanic!' :rolleyes:

Bec :)

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Sun March 3rd, 2013, 4:03 am

Looking forward to season 4. When does it come??
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Sun March 3rd, 2013, 5:29 am

[quote=""Nefret""]Looking forward to season 4. When does it come??
[/quote]

I don't know Nefret...In Australia I think channel nine is now showing the third season. I usually buy the DVD from Amazon U.K as soon as it is released, that way I don't have to wait and wait and wait. :rolleyes:

Spoiler on O'Brien
Bec :) I wonder if anyone from England knows?

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Sun March 3rd, 2013, 10:14 am

[quote=""Nefret""]Looking forward to season 4. When does it come??
[/quote]

Should start in the UK in September.
ITV have released a teaser photo of Mary in season 4 - do not view if you haven't watched the season 3 Christmas Special/Finale: http://www.itv.com/downtonabbey/news/la ... -series-4/

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Longstone" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Sun March 3rd, 2013, 12:24 pm

[quote=""rebecca""]I don't know Nefret...In Australia I think channel nine is now showing the third season. I usually buy the DVD from Amazon U.K as soon as it is released, that way I don't have to wait and wait and wait. :rolleyes:

Spoiler on O'Brien
Bec :) I wonder if anyone from England knows?[/quote]

Nope, all it said in the paper is that the character won't be in the next series, hope there is some sort of come-uppance though! I agree that this person certainly deserves it!
Currently reading: "Longstone" by L J Ross

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Sun March 3rd, 2013, 9:54 pm

Thanks for this news bit!
At one point during 3rd season remember Thomas talked about
as part of his mischief, Moseley fell for it, which lead to O'Brien confronting Thomas before the episode ended. Then in the 7th episode (or the Christmas episode for the UK folks) we heard similar talk again as O'Brien and Wilkins were talking in the servant's dining area. So here we are with it.

Update: A cast list of newcomers for 4th season is out--from the "Masterpiece" website
Last edited by princess garnet on Mon March 4th, 2013, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon March 4th, 2013, 12:36 am

I got the impression that maybe O'Brien would go to India with Lady Susan. Much as a showdown would be lovely, I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on Cora with everything she's been through, and will be going through in the time to come.

I don't know how to do the spoiler button. Is it ok to post the baby's name?

A bit confused about the fact that Season 4 is to start six months after Season 3, yet they seem to be filming a certain event that would happen close to the end of S3. Flashbacks maybe?

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Mon March 4th, 2013, 3:01 am

I'm still disappointed with the O'brien storyline. I also wonder how much this is playing havoc with Julian Fellowes concept for Downtown Abbey? I think he tried to talk one character into staying but the the person refused(it wasn't one of my fave characters anyway). I wont miss this character. But I will miss O'Brien and think she should've got her come-uppance.

I do remember that Thomas did mention O'Brien leaving, but it was done in a spirit of malicious gossip and not to be taken seriously as O'Brien vigorously denied it(if memory serves me correctly). I was also looking forward to Thomas's revenge on O'Brien which now wont be happening.

SPOILER SPECULATION BELOW
And Shirley MacLaine is returning...ho hum :rolleyes: I thought she was a bore to be honest. But anyway I will look forward to season 4...But I have a feeling it could be the last... :( ...Not because it has dropped in ratings, but because the actors are jumping ship!

Bec :)

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Mon March 4th, 2013, 5:50 am

O'Brien was nasty to start off with, but I liked the way she changed after the incident with Cora. She also started to see through Thomas, and turned away from him. I thought she was changing for the better.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon March 4th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Just read that opera singer Kiri Te Kanawa is going to have a cameo role in DA Season 4. We now know that there will be a big set piece country house party somewhere in Season 4, as that is where Dame Kiri will be singing.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”