Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hello from New Brunswick Canada

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
Michele Kallio
Scribbler

Hello from New Brunswick Canada

Post by Michele Kallio » Sun June 10th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Greetings from Canada's picture province! My name is Michele Kallio. I am a big fan of HF, especially English History.

I recently published my first novel, "BETRAYAL". In it modern day Lydia Hamilton is haunted by dreams that even invade her waking hours - dreams in which she is Elisabeth Beeton, lady's maid to Anne Boleyn. Lydia tries to ignore these vivid nightmares - until the day Elisabeth's diary arrives in the mail. Suddenly, Lydia is caught up in the quest to uncover the truth behind Elisabeth's betrayal.

I am looking forward to meeting others who share an interest in English history, as well as broadening my own interests through learning about other time periods and places.

stu1883
Avid Reader
Location: I live in Bristol, England with my wife Nicki & our kittens Boomer & Magic

Post by stu1883 » Sun June 10th, 2012, 5:15 pm

[quote=""Michele Kallio""]Greetings from Canada's picture province! My name is Michele Kallio. I am a big fan of HF, especially English History.

I recently published my first novel, "BETRAYAL". In it modern day Lydia Hamilton is haunted by dreams that even invade her waking hours - dreams in which she is Elisabeth Beeton, lady's maid to Anne Boleyn. Lydia tries to ignore these vivid nightmares - until the day Elisabeth's diary arrives in the mail. Suddenly, Lydia is caught up in the quest to uncover the truth behind Elisabeth's betrayal.

I am looking forward to meeting others who share an interest in English history, as well as broadening my own interests through learning about other time periods and places.[/quote]

Welcome Michele! Glad to see you here!

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun June 10th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Hi Michele! I'm another renaissance nut. Although I re-enact Tudor England, my renaissance reading interests go all over the globe.

Layered Pages
Scribbler

Post by Layered Pages » Sun June 10th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Hey Michele! I'm so glad you are on here as well! Yay!

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Sun June 10th, 2012, 6:11 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Michele Kallio
Scribbler

Post by Michele Kallio » Sun June 10th, 2012, 6:20 pm

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. How I would love to take part in Tudor renactments... sounds like so much fun! But unfortunately there is not happening on that scene here.

Thanks for all the links. I am looking forward to exploring this site!

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun June 10th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Welcome Michele!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun June 10th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Welcome, Michele! I hope you enjoy it here.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Michele Kallio
Scribbler

Post by Michele Kallio » Mon June 11th, 2012, 2:07 am

Thanks Elizabeth and Vanessa for the warm welcome! I am really looking forward to exploring this site. Hoping to meet new people and make lots of new friends!

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon June 11th, 2012, 2:29 am

Hi Michele! Nice to meet you.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”