Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

my funny stories

Got something of interest to the forum, like giveaways, news, etc.? Post it here!
MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

my funny stories

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Thu June 7th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Despite all internal warnings, I have started a blog. Eventually, I'm going to put in more of the fun facts I dig up in my research but can't use, and interesting discoveries that come from re-enacting the renaissance. But to start with, I'm just going to write up funny stories and jokes.

So -- first joke is 'Randy the Rooster'. You can read it at http://emilylcotton.com

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Fri June 8th, 2012, 4:41 pm

Thanks for the post MLE! Always can use a chuckle.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sat June 9th, 2012, 8:48 pm

Enjoying them MLE and looking forward to the next installment. We are set to get some chickens next spring, so I'm reading with extra interest!!!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun June 10th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Thanks, ladies! The next couple posts are up. It'll take about two more to finish this particular anecdote, if I'm shooting for under 500 words per post, as recommended by the powers of blogdom.

I am really climbing the learning curve with this. Must edit the darn background photo, that pointy thing on the castle wall interferes with the text!

Return to “Member Announcements”