Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Speculating on Game of Thrones

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Speculating on Game of Thrones

Post by rebecca » Sun May 13th, 2012, 4:31 am

I just wondered if any would be interested in speculating on what they 'think' will happen to certain characters and how things may turn out as we wait for the sequels to the sequels.

For instance I have my own theories about Jon Snow...Or would it spoil the books and the TV show? In that someone may just get it right.

I'll leave it the readers of GOT. :)

Bec :)

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun May 13th, 2012, 9:30 am

Will Jon Snow join the Wildings and get it together with Egrit (sp)? Obviously some characters are going to be bumped off but I hate to guess! But, obviously, Tyrion isn't killed off in the next a couple of books. Hopefully not at all, as I think he's a great character.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Longstone" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Sun May 13th, 2012, 12:07 pm

I don't want to speculate, I'm even scared to look at the previews of the later books as they tend to give things away, and I'm only up to book 3 so far.

I do have some suspicions about the Hound/Gregor Clegane though - why is he so kind towards Sansa? Think there's more to him than meets the eye.

I do think lots of the characters will die though, although that won't be that surprising!

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Sun May 13th, 2012, 8:22 pm

[quote=""rebecca""]I just wondered if any would be interested in speculating on what they 'think' will happen to certain characters and how things may turn out as we wait for the sequels to the sequels.[/quote]

I'm just enjoying the story - I don't like to try to predict what will happen since that inevitably leads to disappointment if I wind up being wrong. But I'm happy to read other people's thoughts.
For instance I have my own theories about Jon Snow...Or would it spoil the books and the TV show? In that someone may just get it right.
You can always put it in the spoilers tag. :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Mon May 14th, 2012, 9:05 am

I have a theory about Jon Arryn too, but will keep it to myself.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue May 15th, 2012, 2:09 am

What I can gather is that no-one really wants the specualtion in case someone guesses right. :p

But I will add this. I don't believe that Jon Snow is Ned's son, he has Stark blood but not Neds. I also believe Ned had his reasons for encouraging Jon to go to the Wall when King Robert was alive, perhaps it was the safest place for him to be.

As for Tyrion he is still very much alive in the last book Dance With Dragons.

But I will leave it there as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone and I have forgotten how to use the spoiler thingy :p .

Bec :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Tue May 15th, 2012, 8:57 am

The spoiler thingy is quite easy once you remember how to use it - it took me about 6 attempts before I got it right, lol :o . If you click the "go advanced" button underneath the box where you type your message, it should bring up more symbols above your message, and on the end on the right is a white box with "spoiler" written in it. Just highlight the text you want hidden and then click that spoiler button.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue May 15th, 2012, 11:12 am

When you click on 'Post Reply', there's actually a spoiler button with the rest of the icons which show above where you type your message. Where it says B I U, left alignment, centring, right alignment, numbers, points, etc - go along and it's the last icon. Just highlight the text you want in spoilers and then click on the Spoiler icon.
Last edited by Vanessa on Tue May 15th, 2012, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Tue May 15th, 2012, 2:16 pm

[quote=""rebecca""]What I can gather is that no-one really wants the specualtion in case someone guesses right. :p [/quote]

For me, it's the opposite - I generally don't speculate because it becomes my idea of what I hope will happen and then if it doesn't, I'm disappointed.
But I will add this. I don't believe that Jon Snow is Ned's son, he has Stark blood but not Neds.
You're not the only one. From the very first book, I've believed that Jon Snow is the son of
and then I went online and apparently I'm not the only one to come up with this idea. This is the only speculation I've made. There is a scene in one of the books where
It just seems to me that Ned wouldn't have kept it a big secret if Jon's mother was just some nobody.
But I will leave it there as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone and I have forgotten how to use the spoiler thingy :p .
Just click the little button at the top that says "spoiler". It's at the end of the row which starts with the buttons for bold, italic, underline, paragraph alignment, etc.

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Wed May 16th, 2012, 12:25 am

I agree that Jon is
(I think one of the books even hints that). I would love to see all of the fighting stop when they realize just how much destruction its caused, and everyone suddenly realize

Return to “Historical Fantasy”