Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Favorite Secondary/Minor Characters

bevgray
Reader

Favorite Secondary/Minor Characters

Post by bevgray » Sun March 25th, 2012, 10:01 pm

One of the things I love about watching old movies on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is the wealth of old character actors who appeared in so many films. I'm thinking of people like C. Aubrey Smith, Edna May Oliver, Wallace Beery, and Billie Burke to name only a few.

Dickens was a master at creating minor characters who had a real impact on his stories as was Jane Austen.

One of my favorites is from one of Elswyth Thane's books, FROM THIS DAY FORWARD. Charles MacDnald is the assistant/best friend of the male main character, Professor Rodney Monroe. I always hoped that Elswyth would write a book with him as the protagonist.

Anyone else have a favorite secondary/minor character that they wanted to know more about?
Beverly C. Gray
Army Brat and Lover of Historical Fiction
Guests are always welcome at my Web Site

Return to “Chat”