Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Online Roleplaying?

scarletpimpernel

Online Roleplaying?

Post by scarletpimpernel » Wed October 1st, 2008, 7:44 pm

Does anyone here roleplay on forums (Play-by-post roleplaying)? There are a couple of really good historical based sites out there (I'm involved in one set in an alternate version of Henry VIII's court --alternate because they changed the names around; also currently helping a friend build one set loosely during the time of the French Revolution). I'm not too sure if it's the avenue that most authours would use to let out their creative juices (as historical inaccuracies are pretty much given in such sites), but personally, I have grown attached to the sense of community and story-building. Just want to know if others share the same passion.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Wed October 1st, 2008, 8:38 pm

Roleplaying is a great way to let people express their creative side. I've done some in the past and have enjoyed it, but never on a forum. The computer game I play has many servers dedicated to strict roleplay. Forums have been, for me, a great way to make some wonderful friends.

scarletpimpernel

Post by scarletpimpernel » Thu October 2nd, 2008, 2:15 am

Well if you're enjoy writing for leisure, why don't you try out the forums? I'll try to post up a link at the links board sometime. It might be seen as shameless, but well, it's a fun thing, and sharing fun things is good, right?

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Mon October 6th, 2008, 1:25 pm

I've nothing against fun. My only concern would be unfamiliarity with the period and the country chosen.

Return to “Chat”