Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coriolanus

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Coriolanus

Post by Rowan » Mon January 2nd, 2012, 5:17 pm

For those who are well-versed in the plays of Shakespeare, there is a new play that's been made into a movie: Coriolanus. Will post a link for the trailer when I can find it. It's release date is January 20, 2012.

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Mon January 2nd, 2012, 8:17 pm

[quote=""Rowan""]For those who are well-versed in the plays of Shakespeare, there is a new play that's been made into a movie: Coriolanus. Will post a link for the trailer when I can find it. It's release date is January 20, 2012.[/quote]

I presume this is the Ralph Fiennes version?

I saw him do this on stage when the National (?) or pehaps it was the RSC, was operating briefly from the old film studios on the canal in Islington.

I thought he did a really good impression of Rigsby from Rising Damp -- and I wasn't the only one.

Shortly afterwards I saw in in Richard II at the same venue.

I came to the conclusion he was probably a better film than stage actor. But he might have got better.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Longstone" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Tue January 3rd, 2012, 10:23 am

Yep it's the Fiennes version.
Currently reading: "Longstone" by L J Ross

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Tue January 3rd, 2012, 2:16 pm

Yes, this is the movie which stars Gerard Butler and Ralph Fiennes.

Coriolanus Trailer

Quite different than what I expected.

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Tue January 3rd, 2012, 6:45 pm

[quote=""Rowan""]Yes, this is the movie which stars Gerard Butler and Ralph Fiennes.

Coriolanus Trailer

Quite different than what I expected.[/quote]

Well, as I said -- he is a better film actor. I just don't think I would pay to see him on stage again. But, then his performance in Schindler's List was quite exceptional.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”