Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ebook freebies and deals 2012

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed February 29th, 2012, 2:38 am

[quote=""Misfit""]Tycoon by Netta Martin is free today. It appears to be a reprint of a 1993 novel.[/quote]

OOHHHhhh!! Sounds promising. Thanks Misfit I will download that one to my kindle. I love BIG Saga's.

Bec :)

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Post by Ludmilla » Fri March 2nd, 2012, 8:40 pm

Kearsley's The Rose Garden is selling for $2.24 today at Amazon-US. Not sure how long it will stay at that price.

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Fri March 2nd, 2012, 10:21 pm

Not long....$6.99 now. :(

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri March 2nd, 2012, 10:31 pm

[quote=""Amanda""]Not long....$6.99 now. :( [/quote]

I still see the lower price. I think some of these lower priced deals may not work in other countries. There was one US book that was the daily deal, but Jemidar wasn't able to get the price matched from OZ.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun March 4th, 2012, 1:25 am

Ummm. Well it is free after all.

Mark Twain and the Last Viking in America- Part 1 (Mark Twain's Other Stories) by Jael Turner

A Viking is on the rampage in the Old West, spearing the son of a wealthy ranger in the back with a pitchfork, mauling beautiful women, attacking and killing most of the posse sent after him...or so one rag journalist says. Mark Twain's former publisher wants him to go out West and follow the story...and add Jesse James, the Dalton gang, and whatever other desperados he encounters to his list, an assignment which Mark initially laughs off. Unfortunately for Twain his bad investments are strangling him, and he is forced, against his will, to go "stomping back in his old stomping grounds." Violent, funny, nostalgic, this only recently found account by Twain details his adventures, both high and low, as he hangs around trying to prevent the hanging of an innocent man, spouting his normal witticisms while gazing at and bedding some of the lovely ladies of the West.

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Sun March 4th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen is only $2.51

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon March 5th, 2012, 4:12 pm

A few new freebies today. A western/Montana setting, a CF set in Texas and one Biblical.

The Devil in the Bottle by Carol Buchanan
Love Amid the Ashesby Mesu Andrews
Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Thu March 8th, 2012, 11:59 am

Freebies:

Fiji: A Novel by Lance Morcan and James Morcan
Isle Royale by John Hamilton
The Devil's Fire: A Pirate Adventure Novel (Pirate's Bane) by Matt Tomerlin
The Treasure Train by Bob Young

Bargains:

Mary Todd Lincoln: A Biography by Jean Harvey Baker - $3.99
Her Highness' First Murder by Peg Herring - $3.99
Laviniaby Ursula K. Le Guin - $3.99

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu March 15th, 2012, 3:00 pm

There have been a lot of older historical romances popping up lately on the freebie lists at Amazon, many of them from imprints of Dorchester Publishing. I wonder if there's some connection with this and Dorchester going out of business (or going online only depending on who you ask) and the authors getting the rights to their books? Or are more authors just getting around to digitalizing their books and getting them back on the market. Anyone thoughts?

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat March 17th, 2012, 11:21 pm

I saw a mention over at the Paperbackswap boards, Susan Kay's Legacyis $1.99 today.

Return to “General Discussion”