Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ebook freebies and deals 2012

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu January 12th, 2012, 11:36 am

[quote=""Mythica""]Today's Kindle Daily Deal is His Last Duchess by Gabrielle Kimm - $0.99 for today only!

I almost bought this in the past but I didn't love the sample... however, for only $0.99, it might be worth it.[/quote]

You beat me to it. Although since the library has it I'll pass. I've heard mixed opinions from my friends at Goodreads.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Thu January 12th, 2012, 2:27 pm

For the people that are on facebook : there is a page "New free books for kindle" that posts a list very regularly.

scubachick420
Scribbler

Post by scubachick420 » Sun January 15th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Free today on the Kindle - "The Companion of Lady Holmeshire" by Debra Brown

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Tue January 17th, 2012, 11:16 am

The Kindle Daily Deal today is a WWII memoir which inspired the movie "The Way Back": The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom: Movie Tie-In - $0.99 for today only.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue January 17th, 2012, 12:21 pm

For fans of Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series, one called Ivy and Intrigue is free on Kindle today.

Mythica
Bibliophile

Post by Mythica » Wed January 18th, 2012, 10:07 am

scubachick420
Scribbler

Post by scubachick420 » Thu January 19th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Free on the Kindle:

Tempest at Dawn by James D. Best

Mythica
Bibliophile

Post by Mythica » Fri January 20th, 2012, 9:43 am

Kindle Freebie:

On Falcon's Wings

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat January 21st, 2012, 1:24 pm

Anyone heard of Kindle Direct Publishing and the KDP Select Program? I found one mention here, and I think that might explain why there are so many freebies popping up.

I did pick up for free today The Sometime Brideby Blair Bancroft and Six of Oneby JoAnn Spears (which seems to be a time slip/alternate history kind of thing.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Sat January 21st, 2012, 2:56 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Anyone heard of Kindle Direct Publishing and the KDP Select Program? I found one mention here, and I think that might explain why there are so many freebies popping up.[/quote]

KDP solicited all the Kindle authors for this program. The hitch is Kindle exclusivity for three month with an automatic renewal unless the author opts out. That means the author has to take the ebook out of circulation on all other platforms (Nook, iBooks, Kobo, etc.) for three months and remember to opt out if they don't get enough revenue from their share of the kitty to make up the losses from the other markets. Lots of discussion on author sites about this program. Some believe it's another Amazon 800-pound gorilla move. Kindle Select is a fee-based program and they're rounding up "exclusive" content for the members. It's probably not worth it for established books, but some see it as a good "promotional" move for new books...if they remember to opt out and broaden the market. Afterall, Kindle isn't the only ereader out there.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Return to “General Discussion”