Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lady Catherine Grey

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Fri February 20th, 2009, 8:35 pm

I just received the following email from Joroby Books re: The Second Sister (presumably since Librarything shows I own a copy) and thought I'd share it with you all...
Websites called LibraryThing and Historical Fiction Forum have been brought to our attention concerning one of our titles: THE SECOND SISTER, A Royal Tudor Romance by Marie Sandeford. We’d like to let readers who use these sites know that this book is very much in print and about to have another reprint. In the UK it’s available through the usual outlets, including Amazon. For overseas readers, the link to AbeBooks from your LibraryThing website will detail a UK bookshop called Treasure Trove Books which deals with customers all over the world. One or two signed copies are available at the moment through this shop and more (unsigned) copies could be supplied there if required.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed March 18th, 2009, 12:40 am

Another fiction book on Catherein, "The Grey Goose" by Joanna Dessau:
http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submit ... store=ZVAB

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Wed March 18th, 2009, 12:49 am

I finished Sandeford's The Second Sister. I had a little trouble getting into at first, but once I did, I thought it was pretty good. If anyone is interested in reading it, please PM me and perhaps we can work something out (I have a couple of ideas) since Amazon UK still shows that it's not in stock.

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Thu March 19th, 2009, 8:12 pm

This deal appeared on Publishers Marketplace on Tuesday. No publication date is mentioned.

Author of The Virgin Queen's Daughter, Ella March Chase's THREE MAIDS FOR A CROWN, centering around the three Grey sisters, Jane, Katherine, and Mary, who were all used as pawns in their father's plot to rule England, to Heather Proulx at Crown, by Andrea Cirillo at the Jane Rotrosen Agency (NA).

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Thu March 19th, 2009, 8:21 pm

[quote=""Ariadne""]This deal appeared on Publishers Marketplace on Tuesday. No publication date is mentioned.

Author of The Virgin Queen's Daughter, Ella March Chase's THREE MAIDS FOR A CROWN, centering around the three Grey sisters, Jane, Katherine, and Mary, who were all used as pawns in their father's plot to rule England, to Heather Proulx at Crown, by Andrea Cirillo at the Jane Rotrosen Agency (NA).[/quote]

Excellent. Look forward to reading it!
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Fri April 3rd, 2009, 1:05 pm

there is two used copies of Second Sister for $69 on amazon, I cannot afford it right now but I'll be watching for it, it sounds good and Jane Grey is an interesting subject.

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Fri April 3rd, 2009, 10:13 pm

[quote=""nona""]there is two used copies of Second Sister for $69 on amazon, I cannot afford it right now but I'll be watching for it, it sounds good and Jane Grey is an interesting subject.[/quote]

Having read it, I would not pay $69 for it. It's good (not excellent) but not worth that!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri April 3rd, 2009, 10:32 pm

That is way more than I would pay for any book!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Return to “Tudor/Renaissance”