Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lady Catherine Grey

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Lady Catherine Grey

Post by Tanzanite » Sun September 28th, 2008, 4:42 pm

At the old forum we had some discussions about a couple of books related to Lady Jane's sisters (link: http://www.historicalfiction.org/forums ... php?t=2822)

One of those books was about Catherine by Marie Sandeford and was called Second Sister but no one seemed to be able to find it but I put it on my Amazon UK wishlist anyway. A few days ago, I was looking over my wish list and noticed that it said the book was available (new) and sure enough, I was able to order it and it's already on its way. It looks like it is no longer available though.

Did anyone else happen to see this and get one? If not and you are interested, you might check periodically at Amazon UK and see if it becomes available again. With shipping to the US, it was about $30 - more than I usually like to pay for a book, but I used my "book allotment" for October to buy it.

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Sun September 28th, 2008, 4:46 pm

Congrats! Did it come from a private seller who was selling his/her own copy? Or maybe Amazon found a long-lost copy in their warehouse?

I bought a copy of Second Sister back when it was still in print but I've yet to read it. You'll probably get to it before I do!

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Sun September 28th, 2008, 4:55 pm

I don't think it is a used copy. I don't really know how the used copies work on Amazon, but it is being shipped directly from Amazon UK and in the description it said it was "in stock". When I look at the order itself, it says it was sold by "Amazon EU S.a.r.L" (I have no idea what that means).

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Sun September 28th, 2008, 5:04 pm

No idea what the "SarL" part stands for either but it appears to be Amazon itself (I googled it). Hopefully other copies will turn up in their warehouse so others can buy it.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun September 28th, 2008, 5:49 pm

Congrats on the lucky find.

yeah I want to read this one, but its impossible to find!
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Sun September 28th, 2008, 11:03 pm

I have this one on my book depository wishlist. It came up as available a while back, and I sent off an order straight away. THen a few days later I had an email that it was unavailable and that I had been refunded for it.
I hope it pops up again!

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun September 28th, 2008, 11:56 pm

I believe someone said it was a self published book. Watch one of us gets it and the thing will be blah cause we all want it so badly.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Mon September 29th, 2008, 3:06 am

I'll have to read it once I get it and let everyone know. If it's decent, maybe we can work out a way to get copies to those who want one.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Mon September 29th, 2008, 11:44 am

At one point we talked about having a travelling book, but it didn't get past second stop I think.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri February 20th, 2009, 2:44 am

The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Return to “Tudor/Renaissance”