Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Marilyn Harris

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri November 18th, 2011, 4:21 am

The copy of This Other Eden I bought arrived today, and hooray- it's an h/b copy so i can actually read it without having to get out the magnifying glass :) Still haven't managed to read Wensby-Scott's Proud Conquest because the teensy print defeats me every time I try :(

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri November 18th, 2011, 1:27 pm

[quote=""annis""]The copy of This Other Eden I bought arrived today, and hooray- it's an h/b copy so i can actually read it without having to get out the magnifying glass :) Still haven't managed to read Wensby-Scott's Proud Conquest because the teensy print defeats me every time I try :( [/quote]

Happy reading. I know what you mean, I've got a few older PB's that defeat me on the first pages because of that smaller font.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue November 22nd, 2011, 1:29 pm

I've got about 100 pages left of book seven, American Eden and skimming quite a bit - this book has even inspired two new shelves for me over at Goodreads. I would recommend just reading books 1-5 and passing on the last two. Don't quite know what happened, but these are just so different from the others. Boring as hell, plot holes and inconsistencies are the norm.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “By Author”