Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sad :(

lauragill
Avid Reader

Sad :(

Post by lauragill » Tue September 20th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Oh, when is someone going to need to do research on the Minoans or Mycenaeans, so I can chip in with my expertise and do more than lurk here? I visit several times a day to read the discussions, but don't seem able to contribute much.

Alisha Marie Klapheke
Avid Reader

Post by Alisha Marie Klapheke » Thu September 22nd, 2011, 12:52 pm

Well, I'm not researching them but I do find them interesting. Many years ago I read a book--I cannot remember the title--that began in the present with a group of divers, I think, finding a box. The box somehow was dangerous and it had to do with the Mycenaeans. Any ideas on what book that was? I've been looking for it for a while...

wendy
Compulsive Reader

Post by wendy » Fri September 23rd, 2011, 5:41 pm

[quote=""lauragill""]Oh, when is someone going to need to do research on the Minoans or Mycenaeans, so I can chip in with my expertise and do more than lurk here? I visit several times a day to read the discussions, but don't seem able to contribute much.[/quote]

Don't know much about that period lauragil. Why not tell us what YOU find exciting about the M & M s and see if you can get us enthused?!
It's always great to learn something new :)
Wendy K. Perriman
Fire on Dark Water (Penguin, 2011)
http://www.wendyperriman.com
http://www.FireOnDarkWater.com

SarahWoodbury
Avid Reader

Post by SarahWoodbury » Fri September 23rd, 2011, 10:58 pm

I minored in classical and near eastern archaeology, so I'm happy to pitch into any discussion too!

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon September 26th, 2011, 3:10 am

You asked for it...

At some point in the future I will be writing a real work of serious historical fiction (or as serious as I am capable of being, anyway) set in Troy. The main character will be female. I have no idea where to begin as far as research goes. Figuring that everyday life would be rather similar to that of the Mycenaeans with some influence from Hittite culture as well. What have you got for me?

Return to “Chat”