Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

In your TBR pile....

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Fri September 26th, 2008, 5:37 am

[quote=""Leyland""]I read somewhere about 'newly rich' mansion owners in the past buying books by the yard/linear feet to fill their libraries. Many never read their colorfully leather bound treasures though.

So, I feel like I do buy books by the yard in increments of two and three at a time even though I don't have a library and I comfort myself knowing that I will read them all eventually! It doesn't get better than collecting books.[/quote]

LOL, exactly Leyland, it doesn't get better than collecting books ! It's a great feeling, I even love just browsing through them and even just looking at them !

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Sun September 28th, 2008, 4:03 am

I was all excitied about reading The Fire by Katherine Neville next until I read the reviews and found out it's a sequal to The Eight. Guess I better read that one first!!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Toelistangan
Scribbler

Post by Toelistangan » Tue October 7th, 2008, 6:29 am

I've got the following books on my bookshelf and planning to read them soon:
- Corsair by Tim Severin
- World Without End by Ken Follett
- The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory

ali

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Wed October 8th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Next on my list of reads..."Flashman and the Indians and Lady of Hay"....

Return to “General Discussion”