Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New Orleans

Been to someplace of historical interest? Planning a trip? Have a question? Post here!
princess garnet
Bibliophile

New Orleans

Post by princess garnet » Fri July 1st, 2011, 2:10 pm

This past weekend was the American Libraries Assoc (ALA) Annual in New Orleans. This was my 1st time going to New Orleans and my 3rd conference.

My hotel was on Royal St so I had the fun of being in the French Quarter. I visited a few of the museums in Jackson Sq and took a walking tour of the French Quarter. I also visited and attended Sat. evening Mass at St. Louis Cathedral. I did walk part of Bourbon St during the day since it's too noisy for me at night.
I did have a few beignets at Cafe Beignet a short walk from my hotel. It was quieter than Cafe du Monde. I did have a po'boy or two, red beans & rice, and some shrimp.
Visiting the shops was fun, one of them was a Christmas store.

I beat the heat spending most of my day at the convention center for sessions and exhibits. It was fun meeting other librarians around the country and seeing a few familiar faces.
Last edited by princess garnet on Fri July 1st, 2011, 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri July 1st, 2011, 2:30 pm

I had a lot of fun when I was in New Orleans. I wished I could have soaked up more of the culture. Its just fascinating to me with the different ethnic groups and how they all blended, well sorta. the Quandroon balls and things like that. It sets my history nerd's heart aflutter. :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Return to “Travel”