Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

going on holiday - what should I read?

Gordopolis
Reader

going on holiday - what should I read?

Post by Gordopolis » Mon June 27th, 2011, 6:19 pm

I'm off to Turkey soon. Will be taking in Ephesus and maybe Cappadocia while there. In between of course I'll be reading like a nutter - all on the Kindle if I can behave myself in the bookshop before departure.

I've got quite a few stockpiled to read but I thought a few random punts based on suggestions from you guys could be fun.

Fire away! :)

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Wed June 29th, 2011, 9:56 am

[quote=""Gordopolis""]I'm off to Turkey soon. Will be taking in Ephesus and maybe Cappadocia while there. In between of course I'll be reading like a nutter - all on the Kindle if I can behave myself in the bookshop before departure.

I've got quite a few stockpiled to read but I thought a few random punts based on suggestions from you guys could be fun.

Fire away! :) [/quote]

I found Ephesos to be a very nice and wonderful place to visit. If you're in the modern city, be certain to take in the various carpet making shops, it's fascinating to watch them put them together. You will see cats everywhere around the docks, and they are shameless looking for handouts from the tourists.

Return to “Chat”