Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rant!!! Well sorta

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Mon September 22nd, 2008, 2:53 am

Wait a minute, you had a place in Show Low, and sold it!? Do you not realize there are dying, um I mean over heated citizens of Phoenix that would have loved to have cooled off there! Geesh (yes, do tell me when you are in town. Where are you, anyway?)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon September 22nd, 2008, 12:16 pm

Ash, the place was west of town in the sagebrush country and not a pine tree around. Park model home in a SENIOR development, where there's not much to do but golf and fish. And I live in Seattle.

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Mon September 22nd, 2008, 1:28 pm

Ah, ok then :)

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Wed September 24th, 2008, 3:24 pm

[quote=""Misfit""] Why in this day and age do sales people/prostelitizers(sp?), etc. think it's OK to go pounding on people's door at any time its convenient for them? Do people these days not realize that not everyone works 9-5? Do people these days realize it's not always the best idea in the world to open one's door to an unexpected stranger?

[/quote]

Preach it, sistah!!! I remember in college this pesky US Census guy kept bugging me during finals. He never showed up when I told him I'd answer questions but would show up whenever he felt like it! This went on for MONTHS!! It got so annoying! I lived near the campus in a sort of bad area, lots of students but some shady characters too, and luckly I have a dog who LOVES stragers but has the loudest most vicious bark when she hears strange noises or someone knocks at the door. Kept me from being robbed when all my neighbors were!!! Good girl!!! :D

My apt building was locked from the main door with a "No Trespassing" sign on it, someone must've left it unlocked and lo and behold I hear a knock on my door INSIDE the building when I'm not expecting anyone....and it's dark outside! So I cautiously open the door, meanwhile allowing my dog to bark her heart out (but not letting her see it was an actual person at the door...lest she break out into happy tail and hello's!!), and this annoying idiot tresspasser has the nerve, at 7:30 pm no less, to tell me I should really get my dog "under control"! Are you kidding me???

I went off on him and told him to get the hell out of the building and that if he ever trespasses again I was reporting him to the US Census Dept. Ugh, that made me soo mad! He's lucky I didn't let my dog lick him to death!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed September 24th, 2008, 6:29 pm

In this day and age no matter what time of day I do not answer my door when I'm not expecting someone. I can't see worth a darn out the peephole in the door to see who it is anyway.

Return to “Chat”