Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Liberties of London-Released!

Got something of interest to the forum, like giveaways, news, etc.? Post it here!
Greg
Reader

The Liberties of London-Released!

Post by Greg » Mon May 9th, 2011, 11:47 am

To my fellow Historical Fictioneers
I have the great pleasue to announce that my first novel of the Red Ned Tudor Mystery series has been released on Amazon's Kindle. I invite you one and all to come and have a browse and download a sample.

Red Ned Tudor Mysteries, Apprentice Lawyer and Aspiring Rogue
A series of stories following the life and mis adventures of Edward (Red Ned) Bedwell, a young apprentice lawyer at Gray’s Inn and reluctant investigator who experiences first hand the tumult and intrigue during the reigns of the Tudor monarchs from Henry VIII to Queen Elizabeth I. A foot slogger’s view of the dangerous and deadly rivalries, ambitions and human foibles of the Tudor Court. His Sovereign Majesty the King may command and Councillor Cromwell will instruct, but it is poor Ned who has to deal with the inevitable consequences that lead to treachery and murder. In this Ned is mostly aided by the solid friendship of Rob Black, an artificer in iron and bronze. However it also includes the not necessarily appreciated but usually correct hectoring of his sister Mistress Meg Black, an apprentice Apothecary and suspected heretic. With this ill sorted team Ned has to balance solving his master’s instructions with retaining his honour, keeping secrets and somehow climb up the greasy pole of advancement in the Tudor Age.

The Liberties of London

Regards Greg
http://rednedtudormysteries.blogspot.com/

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Mon May 9th, 2011, 12:03 pm

Congratulations!
I just checked and it's very affordably priced on the UK site so I've bought it. looks fun!

Greg
Reader

The Liberties of London Released

Post by Greg » Mon May 9th, 2011, 1:11 pm

[quote=""sweetpotatoboy""]Congratulations!
I just checked and it's very affordably priced on the UK site so I've bought it. looks fun![/quote]
Why thank you very much sweetpotatoboy. I hope you enjoy it!
If you could let me know what you thought. Enquiring minds in the far distant colonies would like to know.

The Liberties of London

Regards Greg
http://rednedtudormysteries.blogspot.com/

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Mon May 9th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Sounds like a good book to read around Christmas time! And it is very reasonably price on Amazon UK, so might indulge myself.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Greg
Reader

Liberties of London-Released

Post by Greg » Mon May 9th, 2011, 2:18 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]Sounds like a good book to read around Christmas time! And it is very reasonably price on Amazon UK, so might indulge myself.[/quote]

To Vanessa
Ahh yes ahh cough-cough, well you see I'm in the Antipodes and for us its coming up to the winter season so in a way I'm early (for Downunder) or really early for all of you in the northern Hemisphere. So enjoy your summer as we begin to rug up.

Regards Greg
Blogging on the Tudors at http://rednedtudormysteries.blogspot.com/

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon May 9th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Congratulations, Greg. That's great news.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Mon May 9th, 2011, 4:21 pm

Congrats, Greg! Best of luck with Red Ned.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Greg
Reader

Liberties Releases

Post by Greg » Wed May 11th, 2011, 10:52 am

[quote=""fljustice""]Congrats, Greg! Best of luck with Red Ned.[/quote]

Thank you fljustice for your support

Regards Greg

Return to “Member Announcements”