Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Fear on the Phantom Special" by Edward Marston
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Tue December 20th, 2011, 9:56 am

[quote=""Vanessa""]Perhaps the delay is because they like to repeat in on the TV beforehand.[/quote]

Possibly, they've just repeated it on Sky Atlantic, so I wonder if they'll show it again in the run-up to the next series.
Currently reading: "Fear on the Phantom Special" by Edward Marston.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri March 30th, 2012, 3:49 am

Yes, yes, Series Two is coming - only two sleeps to go for more devious, dastardly skullduggery, bloody violence and gratuitous nudity! Can't wait :)

HBO has some great trailers for anyone wanting a taster:
http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Fri March 30th, 2012, 8:58 am

Monday night in the UK. Looking forward to it.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Fear on the Phantom Special" by Edward Marston
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Fri March 30th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Bring it on!

Spoilt at the moment by FX and Sky Atlantic - new series of Dexter starts tonight, True Blood on Sunday and then Game of Thrones starts Monday, yayy!
Currently reading: "Fear on the Phantom Special" by Edward Marston.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Sat March 31st, 2012, 3:35 am

GRRR I have to wait till the 10th...Thank God for Satellite TV.....Counting down the days :D

Bec :)

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Sat March 31st, 2012, 2:43 pm

Ooo, just a few more hours! Another site has been putting up some really cool preview clips and I think this is going to beat the pants off last years show.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Sun April 1st, 2012, 2:29 am

[quote=""Ash""]Ooo, just a few more hours! Another site has been putting up some really cool preview clips and I think this is going to beat the pants off last years show.[/quote]

I love the song to some of the trailers, 'Seven Devils' by Florence Welch(SP?). I also caught up with a long trailer explaining the new cast members and their roles...After watching it I wonder if Stannis ever smiles? :p

Bec :) PS: I wonder if we will have to wait a year for the DVD release!

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon April 2nd, 2012, 12:57 pm

Ok, who watched the premeire last night?????? I DID!!!!! Anyone else?
Brenna

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Mon April 2nd, 2012, 2:33 pm

I don't have HBO. :( But last time I was able to get HBO online through my satellite company and watched the series. I'll be checking it out again and see what I can get. Fingers crossed.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon April 2nd, 2012, 5:03 pm

[quote=""fljustice""]I don't have HBO. :( But last time I was able to get HBO online through my satellite company and watched the series. I'll be checking it out again and see what I can get. Fingers crossed.[/quote]

We don't have HBO either, we use my father-in-law's sling box to watch it on their TV. It's how my husband can watch all of his "local" sporting events.
Brenna

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”