Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: ""The River Between Us" by Liz Fenwick
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Fri May 4th, 2012, 8:42 am

Dany wears a pretty dress this week!

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Sun May 6th, 2012, 3:37 am

[quote=""Madeleine""]Dany wears a pretty dress this week![/quote]

Thank goodness...I know it's trivial but I like seeing nice dresses.....A kind of fantasy/science fiction fashionista :p :D .

I also look forward to seeing more of Brienne and am looking forward to her and Jaime inter-acting, whenever that will be? She is one of my favourites.

Bec :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Sat May 12th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Watched this week's show last night - very violent in parts, and a couple of fabulous Tyrion scenes, I actually cheered at one point.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Sun May 13th, 2012, 4:15 am

Last weeks episode was when one of the Baratheon brothers is murdered. I think I am a week behind everyone else, but I tend to close my eyes when I know something gruesome is going to happen. I also love Tyrion and Bronn :p they're a good team!

I will be looking forward to Tuesday's episode. I will also enjoy it when Maegery gets to take on Cersei, that should be interesting.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Sun May 13th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Yes you're a week behind, you might want to cover your eyes a couple of times in the next episode though.

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Sun May 13th, 2012, 3:56 pm

I will also enjoy it when Maegery gets to take on Cersei, that should be interesting
I think that doesn't really happen till next season IIRC, or even in the 4th, depending on how they edit things. But yes, that is one of my favorite parts, esp towards the end of the 4th book. I should have felt some sympathy for her walk of shame, but I practically cheered as I read it!

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Mon May 14th, 2012, 9:11 am

I cheered last week when

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue May 15th, 2012, 2:18 am

The next episode is on tonight and I will be closing my eyes in some parts...I think sometimes it is way too violent :eek: and I hate the sight of blood!!!

I think the battles between Maegery and Cersei will begin this season and reach it's conclusion in later Seasons(hopefully it gets renewed). I also cheered when I read what happens to Cersei :D .....I have a feeling the show will probably end on the battle between Stannis and the Lannisters. But I would love to see more of Jaimie and Brienne and also more Robb!...But I DO love the verbal jousting of Tyrion and Bronn :D they make me laugh.

Pray God the writers of the show will ignore the book that doesn't have Tyrion in it or hopefully they'll combine the book with another and keep Tyrion in the show. I have to admit I found that book a hard slog! :rolleyes:

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Tue May 15th, 2012, 9:02 am

I love the banter between Bronn and Tyrion too, although there hasn't been that much of it so far this series. Haven't seen this week's show yet.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue May 15th, 2012, 11:08 am

I like Bronn as a character. I haven't seen last night's episode yet, either.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”