Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Interesting interview with CEO of Sourcebooks

Got a question/comment about the business of writing or about the publishing industry? Here's your place to post it!
fljustice
Bibliophile

Interesting interview with CEO of Sourcebooks

Post by fljustice » Sat April 9th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Digital Book World 2011 did a series of video interviews with various publishers. This one is with Dominique Raccah, CEO Sourcebooks. She talks about lots of current publishing stuff, including how the big guys are getting left in the dust, digitally. Links to other interviews available on the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De7Z-zemMCA
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sat April 9th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Very interesting Faith- thanks! I've met Dominique a couple of times when she's been in the UK and she is a lovely warm person - hugely enthusiastic and a pragmatic visionary - and a dynamo!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun April 10th, 2011, 4:27 am

What she said about 'discovery' -- by which, in this context, she meant people finding out about a book -- got me to thinking. She mentioned 'social reading' -- I'm assuming this forum fits that term. (A lot of these terms are so new to me, I have to guess from context)

So a question popped into my mind for readers of this forum: think of the last HF book you read (not counting re-reads). How did you 'discover' that book?

Hmm--this needs a poll. I'm going to go see if I can figure out how to set one up.

Return to “The Writing Business”