Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Royal Wedding in Lego

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Fri April 22nd, 2011, 2:34 pm

No kidding about yarns -- that is one reason why I've never taken up knitting much, is because the projects can become soooooo expensive. Not so with crochet, since thread is quite cheap by comparison (I only do thread crochet, no yarn).

I have actually been ordering most of my yarn online from a shop in Reno. They have a much better selection than the two yarn shops here in town, they have great search capabilities, and they often mark yarns down by as much as half. They don't charge sales tax, if your order is large enough there's no shipping charge, and they ship fast. Plus, if you create an account they give you rewards bucks for the money you spend. In case you're interested, they're Jimmy Beans Wool. I just found out about a new yarn shop that's opened about two blocks from where I work, I must check it out one of these days.

I'm not familiar with Estonian knitting. Right now I'm working with some new patterns I've recently purchased. Taught myself the entrelac technique, that was fun. :) I've got tons of knitting books from my mom from the 1960s (Vogue Knitting and others) that have some great patterns I'd love to try. The challenge is finding the right yarn.

Return to “Chat”