Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Are You Eating? Or the Last Thing You Ate

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Mon November 24th, 2008, 9:54 am

Cheese and mushroom omelette, followed by icecream.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Mon November 24th, 2008, 11:49 am

Had dinner earlier, then took Becky to dance. While she danced I walked. Then got home ready for pudding of apple crumble!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Mon November 24th, 2008, 2:37 pm

Had vegetable soup (shop-bought but a great new organic range) for lunch today with black bread.

PS. Made cranberry sauce for the first time last night. I don't need it so I froze it. The supermarket had lovely fresh cranberries so I couldn't resist. Found a good and easy recipe, so I'm sure I'll make it again. I also made chicken loaf (from minced chicken) for the first time. I made new to adjust what I did as it was a bit heavy.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Mon November 24th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Cheese and beetroot sandwich.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Tue November 25th, 2008, 9:26 am

Roast pork.

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue November 25th, 2008, 10:01 am

We took Nathan to Primo (restaurant(?) chain) and I had pasta carbonara. Feel stuffed!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue November 25th, 2008, 10:04 am

Porridge as it's freezing here at the moment. I need it as fuel before I go and walk the dogs! Brrrr!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Tue November 25th, 2008, 11:43 pm

Today I found Tim Tams at the grocery store. I remember someone metioning them on this thread so I had to try them. Delicious!!! I had some with a nice cup of my favorite Darjeeling tea this afternoon. I also had the most delicious German Gingerbread cookies that I found at Trader Joe's. A decadent afternoon for sure!

And tonight I'm cooking cornish game hens, roasted cauliflower with gruyere cheese, fresh baked bread, and pumpkin flan for dessert. I took today and the rest of the week off so I have time to cook and play! I'm putting my new Kitchen Aid mixer to good use. I love it! It has completely changed baking for me!!
Last edited by LCW on Tue November 25th, 2008, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue November 25th, 2008, 11:58 pm

[quote=""LCW""]
And tonight I'm cooking cornish game hens, roasted cauliflower with gruyere cheese, fresh baked bread, and pumpkin flan for dessert. I took today and the rest of the week off so I have time to cook and play! I'm putting my new Kitchen Aid mixer to good use. I love it! It has completely changed baking for me!![/quote]

LOL! I was the world's crappiest pastry maker - really! Then I got a Magimix. Now I make perfect pastry in 20 seconds flat. Having a mixing aid/food processor does really aid the baking process doesn't it and makes it a pleasure. I went to have a look at Kitchen Aids to see what kind of animal they were. My Kenwood Chef is very similar and I use it mainly for whisking egg whites these days and use the Magimix for the other workhorse tasks - same difference in their functions but the Magimix is quicker at the pastry.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Wed November 26th, 2008, 4:32 am

Just finishing a cup of Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread Spice Holiday Herb Tea. Yummy - I've never thought about ginger tea before.

My young very sweet neighbor boys brought over a box past Saturday in sympathy - silly silly me tried to make a quick jump over the plastic dog barrier lying on my hardwood hallway but I caught a toe on the edge and feet went skidding. Next thing I know, I've fallen hard on the floor and am staring up at the ceiling. Very ouch. Kinda like getting tossed off a horse.

You may all call me Grace now. :rolleyes:

Return to “Chat”