Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Are You Eating? Or the Last Thing You Ate

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Thu September 18th, 2008, 4:36 am

Must remember to get some Tim Tams when at the shop next...haven't had them in ages!

I just had my lunch! A slapped up pizza, as I had some left over italian meatballs, and some mozzarella, put them on a lebanese bread and put it in the oven! And I even got to eat it without the baby waking up....which he usually does if I make something hot for lunch! Now if I can just manage to get the washing hung out, it will be a great day!

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu September 18th, 2008, 4:55 am

A cold pork sandwich with avocado, followed by a yoghurt.

Tonight for dinner we will be having steak and salad! How prepared am I today! Well, I brought the steak......
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu September 18th, 2008, 5:01 am

[quote=""EC2""] Weetabix for e.g. like Diamondlil had for breakfast are certainly indigenous to the UK and Australia at least! Don't know about the rest of the world.[/quote]

EC...Here they are Weetbix. Not weetAbix! And you need to have 3 to be anything like filled that the 2 UK ones would do! I think they are slightly smaller and not as compressed, but they taste almost the same and do the same job!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu September 18th, 2008, 5:57 am

Two sugar cookies.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Thu September 18th, 2008, 5:58 am

[quote=""pat""]EC...Here they are Weetbix. Not weetAbix! And you need to have 3 to be anything like filled that the 2 UK ones would do! I think they are slightly smaller and not as compressed, but they taste almost the same and do the same job![/quote]

I don't remember noticing a significant difference in size. What did surprise me was how much different Cornflakes taste between here and the UK.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Thu September 18th, 2008, 8:16 am

I haven't eaten anything yet today, waiting for dinner. I imagine I'll be having chicken and chips + a buttie.

And Tim Tams are great!

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu September 18th, 2008, 10:10 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]I don't remember noticing a significant difference in size. What did surprise me was how much different Cornflakes taste between here and the UK.[/quote]

Ahhh! Well! Its like this.....you have not got such a pedantic father in law as I have!

Actually, when they came over for holidays before we all moved here they had some left over (they travelled around in a hired camper van), and tey brought them back and for some unknown reason gave them to us. We had a box of Weetabix and compared them! FIL then said that is why the normal two left him hungry!

As for the cornflakes, you are so right!

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu September 18th, 2008, 11:43 am

Well, I didn't have Weetabix this morning, I had Oatibix! In fact, I'm wading through all the cereals which we seem to have accumuated that no-one else likes. I'm not in the least bit faddy over my food.

What's different about Cornflakes? Which brand are they?
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Thu September 18th, 2008, 11:48 am

Are cornflakes sold in the UK under Kelloggs? I don't remember. Either way, we mainly get the Kelloggs brand here so if that isn't the brand sold in the UK then that could be it.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu September 18th, 2008, 12:11 pm

It's Kellogs in the UK, too, unless you choose an 'own brand' make. How strange that they should taste different, then! Weetabix is Weetabix and Shredded Wheat is Nestle, I think.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Chat”