Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Sat July 25th, 2009, 12:00 pm

I hope you are both feeling better today!
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Sat July 25th, 2009, 9:55 pm

Felt better between about 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. Then I went back to bed to get a bit more sleep -- and woke up with the headache doing a particularly wild flamenco dance (castanets & all) on my right side. So I'm up for another hour, then back to bed with a fresh ice pack (where do they all vanish to?) and more drugs. Blah. It's a rather nice day today, here.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sat July 25th, 2009, 11:46 pm

Baby girl started throwing up at 3:30 AM. She's much better now, but it's occurred to me over the last few days that my depression is spiraling downward again. It's not just me, my Mom agrees. I can't concentrate on much of anything, my temper is really short, and I feel like sleeping a lot of the time. Is it possible to burn out before the age of thirty?

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Year That Changed Everything by Cathy Kelly
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Sun July 26th, 2009, 9:53 am

How old is your baby, LH? Hopefully it is just a phase for you. Babies are such hard work.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Postby zsigandr » Sun July 26th, 2009, 12:15 pm

"LoveHistory" wrote:Baby girl started throwing up at 3:30 AM. She's much better now, but it's occurred to me over the last few days that my depression is spiraling downward again. It's not just me, my Mom agrees. I can't concentrate on much of anything, my temper is really short, and I feel like sleeping a lot of the time. Is it possible to burn out before the age of thirty?

LH - it is really, really hard and tiring with babies! It is normal to feel depressed, anxious and short fused. It has a lot to do with the lack of sleep that goes with babies. Hopefully, your little angel will get better soon and you can get some much needed sleep! Don't be hard on yourself and try to see if someone perhaps can give you a little break. Even a couple of hours of rest, without interruption, can help!

Hang in there!
Andrea

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Body in the Ice by A J Mackenzie & A Death in the Dales by Julia Chapman
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Sun July 26th, 2009, 4:49 pm

"Chatterbox" wrote:Felt better between about 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. Then I went back to bed to get a bit more sleep -- and woke up with the headache doing a particularly wild flamenco dance (castanets & all) on my right side. So I'm up for another hour, then back to bed with a fresh ice pack (where do they all vanish to?) and more drugs. Blah. It's a rather nice day today, here.

with you all the way on this Chatterbox, also have a monster migraine which started last night and really kicked in this morning. Painkillers have taken the edge of but it's still there, lurking. :mad: Hope you feel better soon.
Currently reading "The Body in the Ice" by A J Mackenzie & "A Death in the Dales" by Julia Chapman

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Mon July 27th, 2009, 12:09 am

The baby will be 2 in October, so not that fragile at this point. Actually her brothers give me more anxiety than she does. But thank you all for your good wishes and encouragement.
Last edited by LoveHistory on Mon July 27th, 2009, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Mon July 27th, 2009, 2:22 am

LH, hang in there. As long as you have hope it will get better, sometimes that's all you need to get over the hump.

the headache went when the giant thunderstorms blew through this evening, finally, but a whole weekend lost. And now my shoulderblade, which has been achy and pain-y off and on since thanksgiving, is starting to act up again. It feels like a cross between a bruised bone and a pulled muscle; no redness, visible inflammation, etc., never gets beyond a certain level of discomfort. Still, it's worrying, esp. since I don't have health insurance. (Would cost me $1,200 a month...)

I now feel like a whiny, cranky, cantakerous old besom with hairy warts, because of all my griping! :o :D

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Year That Changed Everything by Cathy Kelly
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Mon July 27th, 2009, 6:58 am

"LoveHistory" wrote:The baby will be 2 in October, so not that fragile at this point. Actually her brothers give me more anxiety than she does. But thank you all for your good wishes and encouragement.

You have more than one, which is very, very hard work. 'Me' time is important so don't forget to take some every day. It will get better.

I only have the one daughter and I actually find her more difficult now that she is 13, than when she was a baby! I think I shall be hairless by the time she's an adult. :eek: I find her very scary.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon July 27th, 2009, 7:45 pm

All the mail boxes on the holder in front of my house was vandalized today. All the mail orfmy neighbours was taken out and shoved into a newspaper holder. I was mailing back a DVD to Netflix and the envelope you mail them back in was ripped open and the DVD was gone. I've already called the PO and the sherriff's office about it, and reported the DVD as stolen to Netflix.

As I was leaving a note with the other mail when the mail person showed up and I told him what happened, sadly he said that with all the vandalizing that's been going on the PO doesn't do hardly anything about it :(

There wasn't anything important in the mail for me today but I worry about mail that might come from now on being stolen, I feel violated!. This is the first time this has happened :(

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Return to “Chat”