Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Postby Amanda » Sat July 18th, 2009, 10:29 pm

The worst thing yesterday......got poked in the eye by my little son (19 months). Should be ok in a few minutes right? Well after 2 hours of still not being able to open my eye, and being in pain, went to see a doctor, and had to have local anaesthetic drops and ointment and an eye patch! He said the cornea repairs very well, and it could take a few hours or a few days to come right. So I kept the patch on all day and night. Of course, I couldn't read! Or watch TV, or use the computer. And a stepped on and tripped over a few things. But I did get a bit of an audiobook listened to (Persuasion by Jane Austen).

And thank goodness I woke up today able to see perfectly and no pain at all! So it looks like I'll be just fine today!

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Postby Ken » Sun July 19th, 2009, 8:40 am

"Madeleine" wrote:And me! I thought it was a real ant or fly, especially as they've been invading over the last few days.

I've never come across Lantic Bay before, whereabouts in Cornwall is it?

Its a secluded beach on the South Coast about 5 miles from Polperro. To keep in line with this thread though - The worst thing is - it's raining there today!!!!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Sun July 19th, 2009, 11:59 am

I am watching the cricket, and it is not going well from an Aussie perspective! ;)
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Mon July 20th, 2009, 3:45 am

"Amanda" wrote:The worst thing yesterday......got poked in the eye by my little son (19 months). Should be ok in a few minutes right? Well after 2 hours of still not being able to open my eye, and being in pain, went to see a doctor, and had to have local anaesthetic drops and ointment and an eye patch! He said the cornea repairs very well, and it could take a few hours or a few days to come right. So I kept the patch on all day and night. Of course, I couldn't read! Or watch TV, or use the computer. And a stepped on and tripped over a few things. But I did get a bit of an audiobook listened to (Persuasion by Jane Austen).

And thank goodness I woke up today able to see perfectly and no pain at all! So it looks like I'll be just fine today!

Children in the one to five year range are dangerous. I've been hit in the face with a toddler head so many times it's a wonder my nose hasn't been broken...yet.

Kids have been slightly insane today. I'm thinking of adding up how many minutes it will be til school starts.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Mon July 20th, 2009, 9:18 am

They do have surprisingly hard heads don't they!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Trail through Time by Jodi Taylor & Angel by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Mon July 20th, 2009, 4:41 pm

"diamondlil" wrote:They do have surprisingly hard heads don't they!

So do dogs! I can't remember how many times I've been headbutted when I've bent down to kiss them, and they lift their head up at the same time :o And my lab once swiped me in the eye with her paw, which hurt and left me with a bit of a bruise!
Currently reading "A Trail through Time" by Jodi Taylor & "Angel" by L J Ross

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Mon July 20th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Ken -- it's about to rain here, too!!! Probably an apocalyptic summer thunderstorm, judging by the sky.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon July 20th, 2009, 6:03 pm

When Harm was younger or when we'd be playing around she'd headbutt me a few times and I'm so amazed I didn't have a broken nose or at least a bloody one, just had a very sore one, thankfully!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Postby Ken » Mon July 20th, 2009, 7:22 pm

"Chatterbox" wrote:Ken -- it's about to rain here, too!!! Probably an apocalyptic summer thunderstorm, judging by the sky.

A cleansing storm in NY might turn out to be your 'the best thing today!' Let us know!

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Tue July 21st, 2009, 11:02 pm

the economy is getting me down, working in finances can be depressing sometimes.

Return to “Chat”