Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed July 15th, 2009, 10:59 pm

EC: I'm sorry to hear that, it's awful.

I've had a sinus headache today, and I need my nose cause I can't breathe through my mouth when I sleep any more.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Thu July 16th, 2009, 12:38 am

There is something deeply wrong about colds and feeling congested in the summer, isn't there?
Feel better, SM!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Thu July 16th, 2009, 1:06 am

"Chatterbox" wrote:There is something deeply wrong about colds and feeling congested in the summer, isn't there?
Feel better, SM!

Thanks and most definitely!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Postby Ken » Thu July 16th, 2009, 12:58 pm

"Ken" wrote:Hi Chatterbox!

Rain stopped and It was a glorious afternoon! Played 4 under my handicap of 18 at Truro golf club and enjoyed a pint with my friends. Not really a 'worst thing today' as it turns out then! St. Swithins day my ...........!

Whoops! Spoke too soon. St. Swithin's revenge today. Started raining around 08.00am and hasn't looked like stopping all day. There can't be many more cats and dogs up there, can there??

parthianbow
Compulsive Reader

Postby parthianbow » Thu July 16th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Carine and EC: how awful. Such things happen all too often unfortunately. I hope that the 21 year old who survived is recovering well, and that the killers of the other chap have been apprehended.
I don't often post on this thread, as I try to be upbeat about everything. (I don't always succeed of course :rolleyes :) Also, the posts on it are often about something really awful, or sad, and make my problems seem utterly trivial. However today has been particularly trying, so I thought - 'That's what it's for!'
Then I read Carine's and EC's posts from yesterday and thought once more: 'What on earth have I got to complain about?' So I'm not going to post a bad thing - even though it's now pouring rain, and I'm in my office without a coat to get back to the house. This is a non-post on 'The Worst Thing Today'.
Last edited by parthianbow on Thu July 16th, 2009, 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: add info
Ben Kane
Bestselling author of Roman military fiction.
Spartacus - UK release 19 Jan. 2012. US release June 2012.

http://www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor

Helen_Davis
Compulsive Reader

Postby Helen_Davis » Thu July 16th, 2009, 4:20 pm

so far? I got sexually harasssed! :mad:
http://evaperonnovel.wordpress.com

"The first time a book has gotten us close to Evita, in all her misery and all her splendor."
Excerpt from the Spanish summary of my novel

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Thu July 16th, 2009, 5:57 pm

"Ken" wrote:There can't be many more cats and dogs up there, can there??

Ask a foolish question... :D :D
But you live in Cornwall, where the air smells like fresh air instead of diesel, garbage and various other disgusting things.
Sorry, but in my dreams I live year round somewhere like Polruan (and move to the moors in summer to avoid the crowds).
Wanna swap? We've got heat & some sun today.

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Postby Ken » Thu July 16th, 2009, 8:56 pm

"Chatterbox" wrote:Ask a foolish question... :D :D
But you live in Cornwall, where the air smells like fresh air instead of diesel, garbage and various other disgusting things.
Sorry, but in my dreams I live year round somewhere like Polruan (and move to the moors in summer to avoid the crowds).
Wanna swap? We've got heat & some sun today.

Come home Chatterbox!

You're right of course. Apart from our place in the south of France, Cornwall must be one of the best places to live on this earth. I cannot now imagine living in some megacity like NY or london. For the last few years of my working life, I worked in East Croydon, hating it and commuting from my flat there to Truro on the weekends, prepared to put up with the M25 for hours just to get home!

It's true there are crowds at Fowey, Newquay and St. Ives at the moment, but I know (and I'm sure you do too) many places that the 'emmets' don't know and I walk there every day, trying to imagine what my protagonists were doing on this date in their day!

Musn't grumble eh??

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Fri July 17th, 2009, 4:39 am

...and not many of the 'emmets' get on the ferry to Polruan from Fowey; and very few of them stay there. If I can get there in September, I will be a very, very happy camper. I don't drive, so I can't really stay in places like Golant or Pont, where it is really quiet.

I have always loved mega-cities, but now...

And my worst thing? My home has been invaded by flies. Really. And it's 80 degrees in here with the A/C on. I can't believe I'm saying this -- but would it rain, please, just to clear the air? *whine whine whine*

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Fri July 17th, 2009, 4:43 am

Chatterbox: we had a colony of flies congregating in our living room for awhile, we finally put up strips and got a fly swatter in the shape of a tennis racket that you can shock them with.

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Fri July 17th, 2009, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Booksfree Queue

Return to “Chat”