Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Mon July 6th, 2009, 1:06 pm

Tks, folks. It's a puzzlement, to be sure. Cld be him, cld be her, cld be someone else in the city I used to live in who (a) has my snail mail address and (b) the necc. knowledge and (c) some kind of evil malicious instinct. And people wonder why I'm cynical about human nature?

Divia, hope the arm is better; shots in bones may help in the long term but are agonizing in the short term... fingers & toes crossed.

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Sun July 12th, 2009, 3:15 pm

ugh work has a training thing coming up thats six weeks long and I have two weeks to ge a sitter for one day a week.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sun July 12th, 2009, 5:51 pm

Wondering if there's a link between autism and demonic possession. Five year old is beyond horrible today.

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favorite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Postby Carine » Mon July 13th, 2009, 6:55 am

A neighbour parked partly in front of our drive way this morning ! Grrrr ... why do they do that ? It's not as if there is no space somewhere else and they have a drive way of their own !!!!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Mon July 13th, 2009, 12:31 pm

My flight back from Perth was very late last night so I didn't get home until 2am and had to get up for work at 6am, and yet, I can't seem to get motivated to go to bed!

Guess I will be tired again tomorrow!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Trail through Time by Jodi Taylor & Angel by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Mon July 13th, 2009, 3:15 pm

"Carine" wrote:A neighbour parked partly in front of our drive way this morning ! Grrrr ... why do they do that ? It's not as if there is no space somewhere else and they have a drive way of their own !!!!

Aaargh! So glad I'm not the only one who is infuriated by people who do this. We can have a whole big space free outside our house and next door, but where do these morons park? Right across our drive. to say it makes my blood boil is a big understatement :mad: :eek:
Currently reading "A Trail through Time" by Jodi Taylor & "Angel" by L J Ross

Telynor
Bibliophile

Postby Telynor » Tue July 14th, 2009, 2:47 am

"Chatterbox" wrote:some anonymous 'friend' just sent me a newspaper clipping of the former love of my life (we were together off and on for eight plus years) at a society event with the 'new' woman in his life. It's kind of a dual pain -- that someone would want to make me feel bad, and that they succeeded. It's been a few years since I've seen him, and even when months go by without my thinking about him, blam. I'm going to end up like Catherine of Aragon if I'm not careful, weeping over my stitching (or writing) in a damp manor house somewhere.

Yes, it is awful isn't it? I have it happen to me on occansion, and now I just shrug and think, I'm so much better off without him. Try and shove him out of your memory, and go do something else for a while to distract yourself.

Carine
Compulsive Reader

Postby Carine » Tue July 14th, 2009, 7:42 am

"Madeleine" wrote:Aaargh! So glad I'm not the only one who is infuriated by people who do this. We can have a whole big space free outside our house and next door, but where do these morons park? Right across our drive. to say it makes my blood boil is a big understatement :mad: :eek:

Exactly Madeleine, I was infuriated too ! :mad:

Carine
Compulsive Reader

Postby Carine » Tue July 14th, 2009, 7:47 am

This morning I got a most upsetting e-mail !

My boss is on holidays but at home and e-mailed me that his son has been attacked and stabbed 5 times in the lower back last Saturday !!
Luckily they didn't hit any vital organs, and the boy (who is 21) is recovering well.

Gosh .... I don't feel very well !
On top of the fact that I know this boy .... my own son is 21 aswell and I can't imagine ..... :(

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Tue July 14th, 2009, 10:07 am

That is very upsetting indeed. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Return to “Chat”