Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Fri June 12th, 2009, 4:04 pm

In good ole Oklahoma it is raining so hard that I might go deaf from the pounding rain and unrelentless thunder and lightening; my house shakes with every bolt. It is so dark outside you would think it was close to midnight yet it is only 11am. and worse yet this is supposed to last until tomorrow!

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Postby zsigandr » Fri June 12th, 2009, 4:08 pm

Sounds dreadful Nona! On the bright side, at least you are still able to get on line, it sounds like the outdoors will not be an option for a couple of days.

Stay dry,
Andrea

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Fri June 12th, 2009, 4:12 pm

yes very true. I've put the girls to coloring and drawing since our lovely satellite is out, thank goodness for the simple love of coloring.

chuck
Bibliophile

Nature

Postby chuck » Fri June 12th, 2009, 4:42 pm

:cool:
"nona" wrote:In good ole Oklahoma it is raining so hard that I might go deaf from the pounding rain and unrelentless thunder and lightening; my house shakes with every bolt. It is so dark outside you would think it was close to midnight yet it is only 11am. and worse yet this is supposed to last until tomorrow!

Bad storms can be scary....but for me Mother Nature keeps things in perpective....Me/Us/The Government/The World Politic is not in "CHARGE".....and nature and scary weather makes me feel very small and that's OK....Stay safe....

Libby
Avid Reader

Postby Libby » Fri June 12th, 2009, 7:06 pm

Sounds like a scary storm!
By Loyalty Bound - the story of the mistress of Richard III.

http://www.elizabethashworth.com

Mattigan
Scribbler

Postby Mattigan » Sat June 13th, 2009, 5:37 am

"nona" wrote:In good ole Oklahoma it is raining so hard that I might go deaf from the pounding rain and unrelentless thunder and lightening; my house shakes with every bolt. It is so dark outside you would think it was close to midnight yet it is only 11am. and worse yet this is supposed to last until tomorrow!

Gawd..... I miss Oklahoma. I lived there for 36 years. I moved to Texas last year and I spend most of my time trying to arrange "life" so I can move back.

I was born and raised in Illinois but Oklahoma is home.

Oh! I'm just and in North Texas and we're having the same storm.

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Sat June 13th, 2009, 12:49 pm

yes I moved here three and half years ago from Kansas, not much difference I must admitt and am loving it, and it's four wheeler heaven so we get along just fine.

Alaric
Avid Reader

Postby Alaric » Thu June 18th, 2009, 12:12 pm

I had a blood test today, really don't like needles. :(

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Thu June 18th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Another bad headache, and the humidity makes it feel much warmer than it is. But the best thing just might get me through.

Sorry about your storm, Nona. I managed to sleep through most of ours last night.

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Thu June 18th, 2009, 3:59 pm

It's raining. Again. Or possibly still. I think we've had about three days in the last month without any rain.

Bad for those of us with migraines.

Feel better, LH...

Return to “Chat”