Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Postby princess garnet » Thu May 28th, 2009, 1:25 am

"Divia" wrote:OMFG.

Still no answer on the job. I ampulling out my hair.

Did they tell what date you'd hear from them about the position?

Telynor
Bibliophile

Postby Telynor » Thu May 28th, 2009, 10:51 pm

Divia I hope you hear about that job soon -- you really don't need that tension in your life!

Suffering from a miserable cold that J brought back from OKC. I am miserable, and alas, not my best at the moment. I am sooo craving a milkshake.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Fri May 29th, 2009, 12:17 am

Very minor compared to other's troubles, but after a hard day at work and a hard workout at the gym I head for my favorite chair to rest a spell whilst dinner's in the oven and...........

KITTY BARF!!! Ick, at least it's easier to get off the carpet than the sofa.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Fri May 29th, 2009, 2:14 am

...and that will teach ME not to catch up on posts while eating at the computer! :D

Telynor
Bibliophile

Postby Telynor » Fri May 29th, 2009, 11:57 am

"Misfit" wrote:Very minor compared to other's troubles, but after a hard day at work and a hard workout at the gym I head for my favorite chair to rest a spell whilst dinner's in the oven and...........

KITTY BARF!!! Ick, at least it's easier to get off the carpet than the sofa.

I cringe every time I hear that 'ack-ack-ackkkk' sound, knowing that it will probably be discovered later... I adore my kitty, but that's one tendency that I deplore.

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Fri May 29th, 2009, 1:51 pm

my 10 day vacation is coming to an end quicker then I'ld like. not looking firward to monday at all.

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Postby zsigandr » Fri May 29th, 2009, 4:08 pm

My new, expensive over the range microwave no longer works! I am now at the mercy of the repair man who will come sometime today.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Fri May 29th, 2009, 4:37 pm

A book I've been waiting for has been pushed till sometime in July now for delivery (likely story, probably end up being a birthday or Christmas gift at this rate!).

Plus, I'm having a fibromyalgia attack all along my right arm (shoulder and hand) which makes typing a bit painful.

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Fri May 29th, 2009, 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Fri May 29th, 2009, 4:40 pm

"Telynor" wrote:I cringe every time I hear that 'ack-ack-ackkkk' sound, knowing that it will probably be discovered later... I adore my kitty, but that's one tendency that I deplore.

:D :D :D

I know, hearing that sound in the middle of the night and never knowing what you'll find in the morning.
At home with a good book and the cat...

...is the only place I want to be

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Fri May 29th, 2009, 4:52 pm

I buy paper towels in bulk to cope with the end results of the ack-ack-ack sound.... Tigger-the-terror-cat does it several times a week, and has since was a kitten. I'm just very relieved that he always uses the floor, and that Mr. Clean invented those magical cleaning sponges!

worst thing today -- mystery pains in my side (rib cage) have returned. Feels like bruising or pulled muscles, but it's not either. This and a pain just beneath my shoulder blade bugged me for nearly three months over the winter before vanishing in March. Must sign up for healthcare before getting this checked out, which I can't do until I get the second 1/3 of the book advance, which I won't get until I finish this sucker!!! Which is not going very well at present. Have re-written chapter on risk management abt 14 times now, every day rewrite the same chunk of it, and it's driving me literally around the bend.

Return to “Chat”