Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue April 14th, 2009, 2:08 am

"LoveHistory" wrote:Sonja, don't they sell tickets online?

My migraines are back.

Love: yes, but I can't get off the island to actually get to the concert even if I got a ticket, cause there are no buses on the island that whole weekend, sigh!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Postby zsigandr » Tue April 14th, 2009, 10:24 pm

I decided to join a "boot camp" to get into shape for the summer. I don't know what I was thinking when I did this - can hardly move today! It's really hard to sit down, climb stairs, any of the basics. I am now realizing just how out of shape I am - only 7 more weeks to go! :D
Andrea

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Fri April 17th, 2009, 5:29 pm

I can't get onto my eskimo account server through FTP to upload some files, it started last night but I thought it would be fixed by today and it's not. I sent an email to support but may just call them soon.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue April 21st, 2009, 2:02 am

"SonjaMarie" wrote:My left foot is driving me batty, it feels like a vein is popping or jumping in it!

SM

This started again Weds and is still happening periodically, Thurs I went to my regular doctor and the NP said that my left arch looks lower then the right. She got me an apt with a Podiatrist that comes to the island for today. And he said both my arches are falling and he took a mold of my feet for orthotics in the hopes that my insurance will cover it, if not it'll cost me about $250. He also said I should get new shoes that will help them. Sigh!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Lauryn
Reader

Postby Lauryn » Tue April 21st, 2009, 3:08 am

Before I can start putting my heart into researching the book I want to write, (and thank you to everyone for your encouragement and references!) I have to finish my demonstration report for my residential appraisal credentials. So far, everything has gone sideways with this project. I'm currently 3 weeks behind, and so far, everyone who has said "call me if you need help" has also said - when I called - "I can't help you with that" in that "don't wanna" tone of voice. I'm actually grateful to the woman who told me point-blank that she's not interested in helping me - she told the truth.

My parents were here for the weekend, and when Dad asked Hubby how my report was going, Hubby told him "it can't be going well - I'd have run away by now if I could!"

New mantra: This is funny. This will be funny.
Even the mighty oak was once just a nut that held its ground.

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Tue April 21st, 2009, 6:53 am

*hugs* Lauren!

I have been to the dentist today. I only have half a face and I could do with a cup of tea. But I want to drink it not wear it.

Hrrrummpp!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Suggestion of Scandal by Catherine Kullman & And So It Begins by Rachel Abbott (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Tue April 21st, 2009, 7:05 am

LOL, Pat. I hope your face has settled down by now. Edited to say that you don't seem to have posted much before me, so I should say I hope your face settles down soon.

Hope you get your feet sorted soon and that they will feel a lot better, SonjaMarie. Sounds a very odd feeling.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Postby Ariadne » Tue April 21st, 2009, 8:26 pm

Blogger's robots have notified me that my blog has been tagged as a "potential spam blog," so they've locked it pending a review by an actual human. They have threatened to delete the blog within 20 days unless they review it positively. Until then, I'm unable to post anything new, though it appears comments are still working. I got an automated email from Blogger within 10 seconds of my current post, so I'm wondering what the trigger was. GRRRRR.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Tue April 21st, 2009, 8:31 pm

Yikes, I hope they check it soon and it's all okay Sarah.
I'm just about to go and write a post on mine but I am now biting my nails!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Postby Ariadne » Tue April 21st, 2009, 8:37 pm

Thanks, EC, and I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. The auto-email I got made it sound like they're cracking down on spam. I have tons of material there that's available nowhere else, so tonight I'm going to cut/paste everything I can into a Word doc just so I have a backup. Also thinking of switching to something locally hosted...

Return to “Chat”