Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Tue March 17th, 2009, 9:42 pm

I have two blogs and not enough time for either of them at the moment. It's partly a time thing and partly an inspiration thing. Granted my plots are "marinating" when I'm not actively writing, but I worry about when/if I can get back to it.

I'm really starting to think there's something physically wrong with me. This is the third day in a row I've felt weird. But I won't be able to get to the doctor til next week.

I'm probably over-reacting. I tend to do that.

On the bright side our puppy is wonderful!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed March 18th, 2009, 1:50 am

For a few years now the tip of my pointer finger on my right hand has been reacting badly to being squeezed or hit lightly and even have pain when I'm not doing anything with it now and then. I was playing with something and it hit the tip not very hard but the pain was extremely bad for a few minutes, it still hurts a little now. I had to stop using it on my mouse and learn to use my middle finger for it. I think I over used it when I first started to use a computer, it's the only thing I can think of.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Wed March 18th, 2009, 4:14 pm

Sorry about your finger, Sonja. Did you hurt it at all in childhood? Sometimes nerve damage doesn't show up until years later.

I seriously overdid the pruning on Sunday and I've still got swelling and pain near my thumb. All to no purpose as well: baby walked right into a branch that I missed.

Kids are going nuts today and five year old has his dental work (under general anasthesia) tomorrow. Fun, fun, fun.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed March 18th, 2009, 4:58 pm

"LoveHistory" wrote:Sorry about your finger, Sonja. Did you hurt it at all in childhood? Sometimes nerve damage doesn't show up until years later.

I don't think so, but I know about 15 years ago or so I cut it a little bit opening something with a knife but not sure it was that bad to do what I'm feeling now. This was one of the worst "attacks" I've ever had, the pain was with me for a few hours afterwards but not as excruciating as it was at first, just a low dull pain.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Thu March 19th, 2009, 10:08 am

Had a migraine/bad head. It started last night, but I thought a good nights sleep would sort it. Instead, today, my day for 'doing' has been spent in bed loosing hours. Literally. I took the children to school, got home made a cup of tea and some toast so I could take pain relief, eat half a slice of toast and took the pain relief. Three quarters of an hour later I woke to drink my tea. This was happening all day! Even after I collected the children, made a cup of tea, and went to lay on the bed....woke up an hour later. Still tired now.
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Sat March 21st, 2009, 1:18 am

3 out of 5 estimates on my camaro totaled it since the frame is tweak by more then a inch and a half,and since the insurance company is not getting involved cause Cox said they'ld write me a personal check we're debating what to do, we know they will not pay us for what it was worth.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed March 25th, 2009, 7:58 pm

One of my favorite animals is dying, suffering a lot, and since we are only caretakers, not owners, there isn't much we can do but watch. Samuel is a donkey we have had around the pasture for years, packed quite a few miles with and I have taken him on occasional outdoor speaking events. He used to belong to our friend AliceAnn -- a lady who founded the local shelter, then retired and got Sam from a wild-donkey rescue program, taught him to pull a cart, and then, in her 'retirement', would take Sam and cart to inner-city areas twice a week to give the children rides.

Now he belongs to another nonprofit that can't afford the vet bills but won't release him to us, and so far they have not returned my messages. If this goes on much longer, I'm going to call our vet an have him put down without authorization. Sammy deserves a better death.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Thu March 26th, 2009, 2:56 am

I hate watching animals suffer!

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Thu March 26th, 2009, 2:24 pm

Prices on Amazon UK shot up today.
(I have about 300 items as saved items in my basket and every time I go there it tells me any prices that have changed since I last looked. Many if not most of them were up by anything from 1 to 3 pounds.)
Prices do vary constantly (I presume exchange rates have much to do with it) and many may go back down again at some point.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Thu March 26th, 2009, 4:19 pm

My laptop has been acting funky for a day or two, so I decided to give it a break overnight. This morning I got the white screen of death. And it wouldn't boot up. Did some Googling, tried a few things. I've got it running a fix program that hopefully will solve the problems. Very frustrating. All my writing and SCA stuff is on there. I've got it backed up, it's just really annoying.

Return to “Chat”