Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Mon February 16th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Sick kids are no fun. Hope that they get better quickly.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Tue February 17th, 2009, 3:40 am

Back went into spasm this morning on the bus....small bus, peak times, not many seats left..get the picture? Sat through this mornings class but cant face this afternoons one. Spoke to the tutor and came home. Now sitting on a wheat bag.
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Tue February 17th, 2009, 8:55 am

Ouch! Hope your back gets better Pat!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favorite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Postby Carine » Tue February 17th, 2009, 5:49 pm

This is the third week that my boss is ill. First the doctor thought he had the flue but after more than 2 weeks he still has a fever, so the doctor says it must be another virus but they don't know which one !!
In the mean time I have to do all the work in the office, mine and his (there is only the 2 of us!)
Not funny !!

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Tue February 17th, 2009, 10:42 pm

I just got totally 'flamed' on a Yahoo list. Really insulting, vitriolic response -- when I know I was behaving very properly.
I know it's beneath my dignity to respond and engage in a war of words with a nasty piece of work - but the temptation is so strong!
I'm hoping another member will leap to my defence...

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Tue February 17th, 2009, 11:08 pm

"sweetpotatoboy" wrote:I just got totally 'flamed' on a Yahoo list. Really insulting, vitriolic response -- when I know I was behaving very properly.
I know it's beneath my dignity to respond and engage in a war of words with a nasty piece of work - but the temptation is so strong!
I'm hoping another member will leap to my defence...

That's the downside of being on lists sometimes isn't it? :( Sorry to hear you've had trouble. From observation and experience, the person with the most restraint and ability to keep his or her cool and remain polite, always emerges with the moral high ground. :)
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Wed February 18th, 2009, 12:46 am

Think I might be getting sick now too. I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight.

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Wed February 18th, 2009, 1:19 am

it's cold out and supposed to get even colder over the next four to five days.

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Wed February 18th, 2009, 9:46 am

"EC2" wrote:That's the downside of being on lists sometimes isn't it? :( Sorry to hear you've had trouble. From observation and experience, the person with the most restraint and ability to keep his or her cool and remain polite, always emerges with the moral high ground. :)

Thanks and yes, you're right. It's silly: why should what some stupid stranger who probably lives thousands of miles away and who I would probably despise if I met them says bother me so?
Thankfully, here on this wonderful board we have no such problems.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Wed February 18th, 2009, 3:21 pm

I'm feeling better, but my little girl is sicker. Thought she was on the mend from this darn virus. Taking her to the doctor later this morning. Poor baby. Though actually she's in pretty good form, it's me and my husband who are upset.

Return to “Chat”