Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sat December 27th, 2008, 1:21 am

"Misfit" wrote:SM, I get summer colds too, I just had to take a quick step back before I realized it is summer for DL and others on the other side of the hemisphere :) :o

Oh right true! D'oh!

We're supposed to get up to the "balmy" 40s soon, whoo!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Sat December 27th, 2008, 2:18 am

It's allegedly summer! We haven't had a lot of warm weather but it is on its way apparently. My sister has just gone to Perth, and whilst it is going to be hot there tomorrow, the following four days after that are going to be scorchers - well over 100F.

Eventually that weather will make it here.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Sat December 27th, 2008, 9:37 am

Hey Marg, if your cold was anything like Nathans I feel for you! On the flip side, he is now fine!

BTW - the warm weather is on its way!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon December 29th, 2008, 10:38 pm

Finding out that Subway is discontinuing their Subway Card, at least accordding to the workers at the Vashon Subway. They said we have to use our points by Feb 8th, we have 114 on our card. I can't find any news about this online but check at your local Subway if you use it and ask them.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Maggie
Reader

Postby Maggie » Thu January 1st, 2009, 9:14 am

I have a head cold which is giving me a nasty headache.

Alaric
Avid Reader

Postby Alaric » Thu January 1st, 2009, 9:54 am

I was at a mate's place after last night, decided to stay there rather than come home at 7am, and while we were killing time I hopped on the internet for awhile and was looking at Corvette's (the car :p ) as I'm a massive car nut. One from 1972, in very good condition, was listed at just $17,000 which I can almost afford now ... but then I saw the cheapest price listing for my ultimate dream car: the 1963 Corvette Stingray split-window coupe going for $125,000. I'm never going to own that car. :(

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Sat January 3rd, 2009, 2:37 pm

Damn cat - although this might also have to go by the funniest thing happened today :p :)

I've got this small paperbag from the story with carry handles on it. Ms Fraidy cat decides to get curious and instantly gets tangled and terrified and she's off running about the house with the bag still attached somehow. Being as mom (me) is hobbling about in a walker I can't exactly catch up with her and rescue her from her terror. At the moment I can't find her, although I did hear a bit of rustling paper a short while ago. I do hope she manages to extricate herself soon.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon January 5th, 2009, 3:21 am

It's snowing again :P I hope it doesn't stay around long this time :P

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Mon January 5th, 2009, 12:11 pm

Crappy job here I come! Blah my vacation is over. :(
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon January 5th, 2009, 7:32 pm

We lost power yesterday. Around 9:30, during Desperate Housewives, the power went out and didn't come back on till about 11am this morning.

When Harm got up to get ready for school, she called to see if there was going to be school and couldn't get ahold of anyone, so went back to bed. Woke up to find a Schoolreport.org message that school was going to be delayed by 2 hours cause it didn't have power either. But since we had no power I couldn't check the messages online!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Return to “Chat”